February 2019 Test Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Failed seismic :(

And I took Hiner.... I wonder if I retake it or go with a different course... 
I was kind of on the similar boat (considering taking Hiner course). I decided not too since I was already invested in EET and I didn't want to waste my time with a new format of study material.

For what its worth, I only used EET handbook and the EET handouts on the exam. I brought extra stuff but need/use them.

I was kind of on the similar boat (considering taking Hiner course). I decided not too since I was already invested in EET and I didn't want to waste my time with a new format of study material.

For what its worth, I only used EET handbook and the EET handouts on the exam. I brought extra stuff but need/use them.
Thank you for the insight. I should have gone with EET to begin with but my coworkers were recommending Hiner so I didn't even look at other options. D

Di you also take their course or you only used their manual for the exam?

Thank you for the insight. I should have gone with EET to begin with but my coworkers were recommending Hiner so I didn't even look at other options. D

I took the course since I have no seismic experience and I don't think I could have self studied for it either.

I found the course (I took it on demand) to be very helpful but warning...its a lot a videos to go through.

I know people who have used Hiner so one may not necessarily be better than the other.

Last edited by a moderator:

For the record, I took EET and did very well on their practice exams but just received a fail notification. Overall the exam questions and diagrams were much different than what I encountered on EET and I struggled a lot during the exam. Not that I dont recommend EET, just saying you should not necessarily feel regret over the decision to take Hiner. 

Failed seismic :(

And I took Hiner.... I wonder if I retake it or go with a different course... 
I took Hiner and failed the first time too. I just used the book the second time to solidify my weak areas and felt like I did very well and passed. Hope this helps. Sorry you failed. I know the pain.

I took Hiner and failed the first time too. I just used the book the second time to solidify my weak areas and felt like I did very well and passed. Hope this helps. Sorry you failed. I know the pain.
Did you re-watch all the videos again and repeated all of the homework when you studied the second time around? I guess I am curious is how exactly you used the same material to improve on it? Or what did you do extra second time around? And another question, with Hiner book you still used ASCE7-10 too right?

Back