February 2019 Test Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't pass Surveying. Feeling a bit disillusioned now since I thought I passed this time around and it's my last exam. For those who passed, please give some helpful tips on what worked for you.

By the way, I took the EET course (and have studied other resources as well) and did very well on their quizzes and practice exams. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't pass Surveying. Feeling a bit disillusioned now since I thought I passed this time around and it's my last exam. For those who passed, please give some helpful tips on what worked for you.

By the way, I took the EET course (and have studied other resources as well) and did very well on their quizzes and practice exams. 
In my first try, I used PPI and had several other resources/workbooks as well but I failed hard. In my second try, I felt super confident leaving the exam room. Like I felt as if I only got 7 questions wrong max. And yes I passed. Its all about dat Reza

Hey @structural2552 can you update the thread with :

February 2019 Test Results : March 18, 2019 

@ 11AM Seismic @ 3:45PM Surveying (Monday)

Thank you 👍🏻

I took EET and failed the first time too. A coworker took EET and passed so who knows. What I did is EET practice problems and CBTs again and Reza’s book and passed. You’ll get there. 

Did you re-watch all the videos again and repeated all of the homework when you studied the second time around? I guess I am curious is how exactly you used the same material to improve on it? Or what did you do extra second time around? And another question, with Hiner book you still used ASCE7-10 too right?
I took hiner and failed the first time too. The Second time I redid all of hiners Practice problems and the sample test and I bought EETs workbook which came with 3 CBTs (I think or maybe 4) someone can confirm. This really was just a lot more practice problems to help prepare. Good luck you’ll get there 

Did you re-watch all the videos again and repeated all of the homework when you studied the second time around? I guess I am curious is how exactly you used the same material to improve on it? Or what did you do extra second time around? And another question, with Hiner book you still used ASCE7-10 too right?
For EET, I rewatched the videos (just to refresh). I redid the practice problems and simulation exams. Even though I was already familiar with the problems it was still great practice and a means to improve your speed in finding information and solving problems. I did improve using the same material (my average went from 35-40 to 45-50). For good measure I did two practice exams from other sources. The one I linked below was a really good one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1722837268/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks @IwantthatPE  and  @Baby Hamster for your advice! I've studied Reza's 2015 workbook (bought from coworker). Although after taking the EET course, it might be good to look at both resources together again. I'm wondering if Reza's latest workbook is updated for the new format of the test? Thanks again- really appreciate your advice.

For me I just studied EET. I went through the recordings once and solved the MCQs. Then read the chapters again and again solved MCQs. And in the last 10 days or so, I solved the 4 practice exams once (timed and exam setting) and also went through the MCQs a third time. It worked for me. Good luck.

I took hiner and failed the first time too. The Second time I redid all of hiners Practice problems and the sample test and I bought EETs workbook which came with 3 CBTs (I think or maybe 4) someone can confirm. This really was just a lot more practice problems to help prepare. Good luck you’ll get there 
I am debating if I should just get EET books and self study instead of getting the entire course. Problems solving vs lots of video watching time and also problems solving. I scored deficient on almost all categories so I am just afraid I missed the big concepts entirely. Ugh..

For EET, I rewatched the videos (just to refresh). I redid the practice problems and simulation exams. Even though I was already familiar with the problems it was still great practice and a means to improve your speed in finding information and solving problems. I did improve using the same material (my average went from 35-40 to 45-50). For good measure I did two practice exams from other sources. The one I linked below was a really good one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1722837268/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1722837268/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I did bookmark the book from Amazon you recommended. Will definitely get it, thank you. If I hadn't scored deficient on almost all categories I maybe would have just self studied with EET books AND Hiner but I scored really bad so it makes me think I maybe should watch their videos as well. 

For me I just studied EET. I went through the recordings once and solved the MCQs. Then read the chapters again and again solved MCQs. And in the last 10 days or so, I solved the 4 practice exams once (timed and exam setting) and also went through the MCQs a third time. It worked for me. Good luck.
Thanks! I watched the recordings, did MCQs twice, and took practice exams twice as well (last ten days similar to you). Scored high and felt confident going in. Undoubtedly more practice will get me there but does kinda feel like a slap in the face. 

Thanks @IwantthatPE  and  @Baby Hamster for your advice! I've studied Reza's 2015 workbook (bought from coworker). Although after taking the EET course, it might be good to look at both resources together again. I'm wondering if Reza's latest workbook is updated for the new format of the test? Thanks again- really appreciate your advice.
The spring 2019 is almost exactly the same as fall 2018 the difference is it has one additional quiz for a total of 4 and a full 55 question practice test. 

I am debating if I should just get EET books and self study instead of getting the entire course. Problems solving vs lots of video watching time and also problems solving. I scored deficient on almost all categories so I am just afraid I missed the big concepts entirely. Ugh..
The first time around With only hiner I felt like I understood the material and did not want to spend anymore time watching videos I just needed practice and to see other material. I must have gone through all problems at lest 3 times from both Hiner and EET book. Good luck 

The spring 2019 is almost exactly the same as fall 2018 the difference is it has one additional quiz for a total of 4 and a full 55 question practice test. 
Okay. That's actually different than Fall 2015 version I had that only has chapter problems and half of a practice exam (30 questions). Might be worth the $130 to get the latest version then. 

I'd get at least EET's CBT exam set. It comes with 3 or 5 CBT exams that you can practice on its website. But as i suggested on other thread, it's better to stick with one method so you won't confuse between 2 instructors. 

I did not Rewatch all of the videos. I thought that the videos were long and took away too much study time. And yes, I used ASCE 7-10. I wrote down the types of problems that I knew I did not do well on ASAP after I took the first attempt. Then focused a lot on what I needed to work on. Mainly chapters 4-9. I really think that Hiner has everything you need to succeed, but also if you feel you need more, do it! You'll get there! good luck! 

Back