October 2018 Machine Design and Materials

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I felt a 60-40 odds of passing. How did you guys feel? 

What is the highest fail score you have seen in the past for this particular discipline?

I went through several stages starting with the morning exam.  The first several problems, i thought i might have been given the wrong test booklet.  They were not really core mechanical engineering problems.  I panicked a little and thought, "whoa...if there are more like this, i might be in trouble".  Then things kind of got back into what I feel are more related to ME stuff.  If I were to guess, i'd say I felt good about 65% - 75% of the problems.

In the afternoon, things really seemed to be more in my lane.  Problems that you would expect for a mechanical engineer with a little seasoning.  There were still several that I made an educated (or even non-educated) guess on, but i'd say I felt good about 75 - 80% of them.

Now that I've passed, I'm just glad and thankful that I don't have to take it over again.  It was an experience, that's for sure!  

I went through several stages starting with the morning exam.  The first several problems, i thought i might have been given the wrong test booklet.  They were not really core mechanical engineering problems.  I panicked a little and thought, "whoa...if there are more like this, i might be in trouble".  Then things kind of got back into what I feel are more related to ME stuff.  If I were to guess, i'd say I felt good about 65% - 75% of the problems.

In the afternoon, things really seemed to be more in my lane.  Problems that you would expect for a mechanical engineer with a little seasoning.  There were still several that I made an educated (or even non-educated) guess on, but i'd say I felt good about 75 - 80% of them.

Now that I've passed, I'm just glad and thankful that I don't have to take it over again.  It was an experience, that's for sure!  
Congratulations!! I am still waiting on mine.

Back