Jump to content
Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​

Pe Qualifying experience by state

Recommended Posts

Do you know which states need the least years of experience to qualify for the PE license. I know California only requires 2 years of work experience after you have your college degree. I was wondering if there are any others like california.

Thanks in advance

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif

Except for California, essentially everyone else requires 4 years after bachelors (or EIT license). Most states will give a year or two credit for a MS or PhD, but that can't be concurrent with professional experience.

Keep in mind though, that you may have difficulty transferring a license to another state if you don't have the requisite experience for the destination state license. Further, some states require that experience to have been completed prior to the taking the PE.

Edited by RBHeadge PE
swapped FE with EIT

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now