Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
Road Guy

Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

1 hour ago, Road Guy said:

I always hoped Netflix would pick up the Sarah Conner chronicles -

I enjoyed that show as well. Up until they started getting weird with it and doing terminator flashbacks and such.

3 hours ago, Violator said:

The Rain = The SUCK

so bad.  

Watched the Survivalist last night. I have mixed feelings in it. A bleak and depressing movie. If you liked "The Road" you'll like it. If not, I'd avoid it. 

Started watching "Safe" on Netflix.  Not bad once you get past Dexter's terrible fake British accent.

I watched the Rain. I always liked post apocalyptic movies and tv shows but the premise of this one was pretty weak and unrealistic. This coming from someone who likes zombie movies. 

I watched most of AI (the one with Haley Osmond).  Just got too weird and I couldn't finish it.  TBH, the whole thing was pretty creepy and twisted.

On 5/14/2018 at 6:28 AM, Supe said:

Started watching "Safe" on Netflix.  Not bad once you get past Dexter's terrible fake British accent.

I watched the first two episodes of season one last night. The verdict is still out on it for me. The "process"" is interesting but not sure what direction the show will take once that part concludes and they go "off shore". 

finished up Safe - thought it was pretty good - one of the few where the plot didn't jump out as ultra obvious early on - I still cant tell what the guys role is who is helping the dad look for this daughter? (don't recall his name) but it would be weird to me if my daughter called some random friend of mine for a ride home from a party (unless they discussed that early on and I missed it)

8 minutes ago, Road Guy said:

finished up Safe - thought it was pretty good - one of the few where the plot didn't jump out as ultra obvious early on - I still cant tell what the guys role is who is helping the dad look for this daughter? (don't recall his name) but it would be weird to me if my daughter called some random friend of mine for a ride home from a party (unless they discussed that early on and I missed it)

He's Dexter's BFF and doctor coworker.

Just started watching season 5 of Orphan Black

Not Netflix, but I watched Full Metal Jacket last night on Prime.  Truth be told, I only watched the first 45 minutes of FMJ.  The first 25 minutes are simply epic, the next 20 get dark, and the remainder of the movie is meh.  

Full_Metal_Jacket_poster.jpg

I had to watch something a little more light-hearted after.  So Back to School was the chaser I needed.

MV5BMTYxMTIyOTM1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzQ0

Favorite scene... "Well now you do." :tv:

• Haha 1

great movie (both of them) -!

Never saw FMJ but I've seen BTS numerous times.  Classic Rodney.

FMJ has more classic one-liners than any other movie I've ever seen.  At the same time it's also dark and disturbing.  Overall a really good movie.

1 hour ago, mudpuppy said:

FMJ has more classic one-liners than any other movie I've ever seen. 

More than Animal House?!

Who was the first customer at the bar on the show cheers? 

- got bored and watched a few episodes - if you were born before 1980 it's defin worth watching the first few minutes...

I was born before 1980 but I don't remember the details of the first episode.  My vote would be for Norm.

hint - in another movie he claimed to have a stack of nudie books "this high"

don't get the movie reference but if it's not Norm than I'd guess Cliffie.

The Original Vacation movie - one of Eddies kids -

(maybe it was just interesting to me) ;)

but he is an underage kid trying to buy beer and Sam doesn't serve him - its kind of funny also sort of funny through the first few episodes Cliff is not a huge character and someone that apparently most people at the bar despise

I have been watching season 2 of Thirteen Reasons Why.  And the Great British Baking show.  

I'm I think 4 or 5 episodes into Season 2 of TRW and am not sure what I think about it yet.

Its basically now just a teen type show?  I did end up watching it (like watching a train wreck you cant look away)

I think they are way overgeneralizing HS stereotypes with athletes, coaches giving them clean piss, etc. I mean especially the baseball team? no one gives a fuck about the baseball team!

• Like 1