California Results Any news??? - OCT 2016 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
PE October 2016

California Results Any news???

Maybe I'll take a quick drive to their office. It always means more to have an in person conversation.

I was told California has the results from NCEES and they are work on getting state exams and should release by end of next week...

That sounds about right compared to this past April.  Took about a full week after the first release day to see the results emails go out.  But the best part was that they split up sending the emails across a Thursday afternoon and the following Friday morning.  It was total torture.  My bet is they will do the same thing this cycle.

• Like 1

FYI I would for sure check the license look up tomorrow morning. In April my coworkers name showed up on the look up and mine did not and that is how I found out I did not pass. The email came later in the day.

32 minutes ago, MrManager said:

Maybe I'll take a quick drive to their office. It always means more to have an in person conversation.

In person is much different. They had better release the results to you. You know. Because of the implication.

1 minute ago, samopuddles said:

In person is much different. They had better release the results to you. You know. Because of the implication.

That would be a very long road trip from Rancho Cucamonga.

1 minute ago, fireguy said:

I mean, don't they know who he IS?

Well I mean if the board says no then obviously the answer is no. But they won't say no. Because of the implication.

41 minutes ago, fireguy said:

It's been confirmed that NCEES has released the results to the state boards, including CA BPELSG. At this point, it's up to BPELSG to complete whatever internal process they have to allow them to greenlight NCEES to send out notification emails. That process usually takes between 4 and 7 days, suggesting we should hear back between Monday and Thursday of next week. As of the time of this reply, no new licenses have been recorded in the online database.

I dont think the internal process will be that long this time. As per Board's website if we pass the exam,we need to send them a notification of passing the exam. So I believe the internal process you are talking about will happened after we send them the notification. I am expecting the results today. Florida got it at 6:11,so we still have 2 more hours to go..:P. 

8 minutes ago, PE October 2016 said:

I dont think the internal process will be that long this time. As per Board's website if we pass the exam,we need to send them a notification of passing the exam. So I believe the internal process you are talking about will happened after we send them the notification. I am expecting the results today. Florida got it at 6:11,so we still have 2 more hours to go..:P. 

I don't know about that. For the April results, I received the email around 2:00 pm that had my password, then another email the next morning around 9:30 am with the password protected email. Luckily I passed the 8 hour exam and seismic, waiting on survey this time around

47 minutes ago, mmedrano13 said:

I don't know about that. For the April results, I received the email around 2:00 pm that had my password, then another email the next morning around 9:30 am with the password protected email. Luckily I passed the 8 hour exam and seismic, waiting on survey this time around

Ok so no results today!!! One more sleepless night. I hope its tomorrow.If not as per trend,it will be next Tuesday!!!

1 hour ago, mmedrano13 said:

Do you by any chance know the passing score for the surveying exam? Approximately?

2 hours ago, acesar said:

FYI I would for sure check the license look up tomorrow morning. In April my coworkers name showed up on the look up and mine did not and that is how I found out I did not pass. The email came later in the day.

I don't know about this, now that they're making people submit forms to indicate they've passed their exams.  Not sure what CA is thinking with their new processes, but I am happy to learn they've done away with the "refile" fees.  Wish they had started that last year before I spent too much money trying to pass the darn surveying exam...  

Because of these changes to their procedures I'm almost expecting them to take longer than normal to release.  

29 minutes ago, PeeOD said:

Do you by any chance know the passing score for the surveying exam? Approximately?

"They" say it's usually ~60% but it varies every exam cycle.  

1 minute ago, PugPE said:

"They" say it's usually ~60% but it varies every exam cycle.  

I see. Ok, thanks!