NFL 2016

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knight1fox3

Jedi MASTER & Friend of Capt. Solo
Reaction score
New rule changes coming for 2016 season:  http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/03/23/rule-changes-automatic-ejections-touchback-25-yard-line/82158540/

Here’s the full list of new rules that will be implemented next season:

1. By Competition Committee; Permanently moves the line of scrimmage for Try kicks to the defensive team’s 15-yard line, and allows the defense to return any missed Try.

2. By Competition Committee; Permits the offensive and defensive play callers on the coaching staffs to use the coach-to-player communication system regardless of whether they are on the field or in the coaches’ booth.

3. By Competition Committee; Makes all chop blocks illegal. “It is not one that has overwhelmed us in injury data, but it is not one we feel good about,” McKay said.

4. By Competition Committee; Disqualifies a player who is penalized twice in one game for certain types of unsportsmanlike conduct fouls. Amended to one-year only.

5. By Competition Committee; Changes the spot of the next snap after a touchback resulting from a free kick to the 25-yard line. Amended to one-year only.

6. By Competition Committee; Expands the horse collar rule to include when a defender grabs the jersey at the name plate or above and pulls a runner toward the ground.

7. By Competition Committee; Makes it a foul for delay of game when a team attempts to call a timeout when it is not permitted to do so

8. By Competition Committee; Eliminates the five-yard penalty for an eligible receiver illegally touching a forward pass after being out of bounds and re-establishing himself inbounds, and makes it a loss of down.

9. By Competition Committee; Eliminates multiple spots of enforcement for a double foul after a change of possession.

I don't think he'll ever start a game for them. You don't pay big bucks for the #2 pick in the draft to be your QB and bench him for a never-was.

From Heisman Trophy to rehab to state pen.  Looks like the route being followed by Johnny M.  Should have majored in an engineering field and skipped football.

He's too dumb for that.  Should have just sat home and mooched off his parents who are loaded.

Well, see what the Browns can do with a couple extra picks.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

browns2.jpg

^^^ true statement.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Looks like Brady is back to his 4 game suspension after all!

oh & Johnny Football was indicted over the weekend  (I didn't know Grand Jury's worked weekends)..

Do you think had he been drafted be a better organization would he be in this mess? Or was it predetermined? Say had Tom Brady been injured and he was drafted by the Patriots (  I think we can admit they are a first class organization) would a better system have been able to "control him"

Sort of similar to how Mike Vick said that Dan Reeves was very strict with him and he was a better professional athlete under the "old school coach" than he was for the other scrubs he had (Mora, the other Loser from Louisville, etc) under those clows he spent less time learning football and more time committing crimes?  Or would that action have occurred regardless? - trying to draw a parallel to Johnny..

My guess is that he's had serious entitlement issues for a long time.  Hard to say if a different team could have done anything to break him of that or not.  You almost wonder if the answer is "no" but a bigger/better organization would have been able to do a better job of covering it up.

Nope.  Entitled douche bag, whose problems went along with him all through college and beyond.  Second someone starts admonishing or riding him, he would start demanding a trade.  

I tend to agree but sometimes I wonder if say Peyton Manning had been drafted by the Bucs or Falcons would he still be "Peyton Manning" today?

Hard to say, but the Colts weren't very good prior to having Manning. I think he would have been successful anywhere because of his knowledge of the game. If another team got ahold of him, they would have spent the money to give him the pieces he needed.

Looks like Brady is back to his 4 game suspension after all!

oh & Johnny Football was indicted over the weekend  (I didn't know Grand Jury's worked weekends)..

Do you think had he been drafted be a better organization would he be in this mess? Or was it predetermined? Say had Tom Brady been injured and he was drafted by the Patriots (  I think we can admit they are a first class organization) would a better system have been able to "control him"

Sort of similar to how Mike Vick said that Dan Reeves was very strict with him and he was a better professional athlete under the "old school coach" than he was for the other scrubs he had (Mora, the other Loser from Louisville, etc) under those clows he spent less time learning football and more time committing crimes?  Or would that action have occurred regardless? - trying to draw a parallel to Johnny..
Petrino never coached Michael Vick.  He's also a massive control freak which is the other reason his personality doesn't work for the NFL.

Back