Kurt Cobain - 20 years

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
[SIZE=medium]So I really consider myself more of a “BIG Hair” music person, but Nirvana came on the scene while I was at the end of my active duty enlistment and was huge when I was in college..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Read through the people magazine write up of him, forgot that he had a daughter, while I don’t really consider him the John Lennon of us Gen X’ers I can’t deny he had a pretty huge impact on music for my generation..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]So I was also reading through the Wikipedia page on him, which sadly enough also has the full write up of his suicide note (inappropriate IMO)..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]So I spent 2 hours reading through this and what I can garner that he was kind of pissed of his music was so popular because he didn’t think the kids (my people) truly understood it? Was he afraid of becoming more of a boy band than a rock band? Maybe he wanted more of an alice in chains following? Also it appears there was some heavy drug involvement that probably didn’t help him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]He signed his suicide note to his daughter and that she would be better off without him in her life or him in this world or something rather F’d up…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]If you were or are a casual fan of Nirvana check up on the wiki page, its pretty interesting..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Anyways…[/SIZE]

I was 9 when he shot himself. As an adult, it's so bizarre to me that I saw so many headlines about this at the time but almost nothing on the start of the Rwandan genocide.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a 15 year old hs sophomore puke when he offed himself. At the time, that was my kind of music. I wasn't a grunge kid, but I also wasn't a boy band follower. Nirvana, Pearl Jam, still listened to GNR, **** I can't think of much more I listened to then. Anyways, I think my favorite Nirvana album was the MTV unplugged album.

I did check the wiki page and I see no benefit from providing that letter. Sometimes we as a public don't need everything.

Never was a fan of Nirvana. The only fond memory I have of the group, I guess, is Weird Al's "Smells Like Nirvana" music video. :true:

"It's hard to bargle nargle zowf with all these marbles in my mouth"

I owned the entire Nirvana catalog, but more because I was a huge Foo Fighters fan and wanted to support my future husband Dave Grohl. I even built a popular FF fan art website back in the day - hosted on Xoom! :D

^^^Ha, ha! Dave Grohl was everyone's future husband! I've seen him recently at ACL Fest with them Crooked Vultures, and he still looks pretty good...

For me I had just gotten out of the army and was at my first year at College and Nirvana was pretty much "the" music at most of the parties and events, so when I hear their music It just brings back some good memories.......

^^^Ha, ha! Dave Grohl was everyone's future husband! I've seen him recently at ACL Fest with them Crooked Vultures, and he still looks pretty good...

I'd hit it.

Recently it was pointed out that Nirvana had three albums. That's it! Crazy the influence from those few records.

I was in junior high when it happened. One girl wore black for a month to mourn him.

I owned the entire Nirvana catalog, but more because I was a huge Foo Fighters fan and wanted to support my future husband Dave Grohl. I even built a popular FF fan art website back in the day - hosted on Xoom! :D
Foo Fighters rock! But I do not want DG as a husband. LOL Anytime the FF are in MKE though, I'm at the concert.

LOL @ Xoom!

I'd hit it.

Recently it was pointed out that Nirvana had three albums. That's it! Crazy the influence from those few records.

I was in junior high when it happened. One girl wore black for a month to mourn him.

Wait, I thought we graduated the same year... I know it was my freshman year of highschool because that WAS the year I spent with cool aid colored hair, doc martins and converse shoes and wore lots and lots and lots of flannels. It happened just before everyone else in the clique went "straight edge" and I took a veer toward the Birkenstocks.

I would rather Richie Sambora, but Dave Grohl isn't bad to look at...

Not many people know this, but Rolling Stone lists him in the top 100 guitarists of all time...

I really like the Unplugged recordings...especially "The Man Who Sold the World". Probably in my top 20, maybe top 10, even.

Not many people know this, but Rolling Stone lists him in the top 100 guitarists of all time...

I really like the Unplugged recordings...especially "The Man Who Sold the World". Probably in my top 20, maybe top 10, even.
Yes. that is IMO, their best album, the MTV unplugged

My favorite FF concert was when DG was on stage doing a cover of Tom Petty. EPIC...

When I was first married, my husband and I were discussing our favorite musicians... I started listing, Richie Sambora, Slash, Carlos Santana, Peter Frampton, Warren Haynes, Kenny Wayne Shepard... he asked if he needed to learn how to play the guitar... but out of them all I think Sambora and Grohl have looks on their side... well maybe Kenny Wayne but he's the only one from "my generation" and hasn't aged yet

^^^ Assuming you can see through that mop dog hair cut he has. Or is that gone now?
Still has it...with Robby Kreiger.

960x540.jpg

Back