Game of Thrones ! (HBO Mini Series) Spoilers...... - Page 19 - Shoot the Breeze - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Road Guy

Game of Thrones ! (HBO Mini Series) Spoilers......

Appropriate ending, as in consistent within its own universe? Probably, I doubt they'd destroy the TV and novel series legacy something hurried and half-assed (ala Sandworms of Dune). Especially with all the time and budget they had to get it right.

Now will the ending be satisfying or complete? There's no way they can make everyone satisfied with the ending. They used the tagline "If you think this story has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention" in their ads. I can also see them skimping on epilogue material too. Every other season had a huge exciting penultimate episode, and the finale was comparatively boring exposition to tie it all up. I'm not sure HBO will let them film a "talking heads" finale.

For me an appropriate ending is if they all get killed by the night king and become white walkers than so be it, We don't need to have Jon / danny on the iron throne just cause that's what most of the female viewers want ;)

At least one of the two needs to be killed/turned into a white walker.  Maybe Dany on the ice dragon against Jon on the other(s)?

On 3/1/2019 at 5:29 PM, Road Guy said:

We should set up the GOT pool-

Sort of like squares at the super bowl- bet on who is the king/ lives / dies etc...

Say $5 entry?

Who's got Jamie x-ing out Cersei?

10 hours ago, envirotex said:

Who's got Jamie x-ing out Cersei?

That's the equivalent to the "free space" in bingo.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:24 AM, Road Guy said:

I just hope this series has an appropriate ending, unlike something that POS Stephen King would write where you have a relatively decent story and then the last 10 pages of the book is just the most horrible piece of trash ever just to "end" the book (Ala "The Stand")

Just remember that the writer is an old time D&D gamer.  I see this as being what we call "TPK", total party kill.

They need to pick up the pace.  I thought last night was a bit of a snoozer.

Agreed, but from the previews it looks like next episode will start the white walker battle.

we didn't catch it last night, passed out early so will watch it this evening....

1 hour ago, BamaStrucPE said:

Agreed, but from the previews it looks like next episode will start the white walker battle.

Did they say how many episodes this season will be?  There are a LOT of story lines left to hash out, especially when you consider some of the episodes will probably be 50% fight scenes.  I was a bit disappointed how they glossed over some of the reunions, though.

2 hours ago, Supe said:

Did they say how many episodes this season will be?  There are a LOT of story lines left to hash out, especially when you consider some of the episodes will probably be 50% fight scenes.  I was a bit disappointed how they glossed over some of the reunions, though.

There are 6 episodes this season, now 5 left.

hmm, maybe it's a good thing that I haven't watched a single one 😂

Thought it was a good episode in the sense that it was a refresher of where everyone is and showed some decent reunions. Curious to see how each of the storylines play out from here.

I stopped after season 3 or 4, but LadySquare is into it so we'll watch it tonight. I'm prepared to be completely confused.

Just finished the new episode- I thought it was really good- King Jon!!!!

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:32 PM, Supe said:

At least one of the two needs to be killed/turned into a white walker.  Maybe Dany on the ice dragon against Jon on the other(s)?

scorpion with dragon glass on white dragon

The White King is not going where they expect.  Heading south where the army is not.  There will be a diversionary force going to Winterfell and that is what will keep them busy.

1 hour ago, humner said:

The White King is not going where they expect.  Heading south where the army is not.  There will be a diversionary force going to Winterfell and that is what will keep them busy

That would be an interesting twist...Cersei, who was figuring on screwing the North, would be screwed when they show up on her doorstep and her with no dragon glass.

20 hours ago, blybrook PE said:

hmm, maybe it's a good thing that I haven't watched a single one 😂

Saw an article this morning that people who don't watch GOT are the new vegans....people being douches because have to make an announcement to make sure everyone knows that they don't watch GOT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, jeb6294 said:

That would be an interesting twist...Cersei, who was figuring on screwing the North, would be screwed when they show up on her doorstep and her with no dragon glass.

And then Jon and friends have to fight an undead Golden Army... oof.

I think i saw EP II is titled battle of Winterfell and EP III is Battle of Kings landing?  That would be cool-

I think my favorites characters in this show are:

Arya

The Hound

Sam

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jeb6294 said:

Saw an article this morning that people who don't watch GOT are the new vegans....people being douches because have to make an announcement to make sure everyone knows that they don't watch GOT.

I don't have HBO, or general TV service.  I'll probably watch it eventually.  

2 hours ago, blybrook PE said:

I don't have HBO, or general TV service.  I'll probably watch it eventually.  

Neither do I. Luckily NZ has a Netflix-style service that streams all the good shows & movies. Can watch via my Playstation.

www.neontv.co.nz

On 4/15/2019 at 6:14 AM, Supe said:

They need to pick up the pace.  I thought last night was a bit of a snoozer.

Meh, they needed to move a few more pieces into place. Basically everyone is now in two locations. They only have 5 episodes or ~7 hours of screentime left. 

Bran's line about "we don't have time for this" or "we're wasting time on this" was a little fourth wall breaky. In any other season, all of the reunions and introductions would've taken like 3-4 episodes.

8 hours ago, humner said:

The White King is not going where they expect.  Heading south where the army is not.  There will be a diversionary force going to Winterfell and that is what will keep them busy.

^All this.

6 hours ago, jeb6294 said:

^And all the dead King Landing Soilders and citizens would just add to the Night Kings army. It'll make things tougher on those in the north.

6 hours ago, Supe said:

And then Jon and friends have to fight an undead Golden Army... oof.

Well at least they won't have to fight undead elephants... wolly mammoths maybe, but not elephants.