Game of Thrones ! (HBO Mini Series) Spoilers......

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they anticipated the show catching up to him writing the books so they've slowed down. The gist I'm getting is that season 4 will cover the remainder of book 3. There's still quite a bit of material to cover so I could see that working out.

Thoughts on first episode?

I was glad to see little Stark finally get her sword back. Interesting to see how much joy she seems to get out of killing someone! Wondering if that will contribute to a bigger part of her overall character as the show progresses.

Sucks we have to wait till 10:00 for it to come on.. I guess our HBO is on pacific time (Comcast)...

I thought it was good. Liked the part with little stark. She reminds me of Robert from Red Dawn...

I hope to see Sansa Stark Develop Into a stronger person. She has been a patsy for 3 episodes. I'd like to see her "grow up"

Last edited by a moderator:
And is that the same guy that played Jaimee Lanister? Or have we just not seen him cleaned up in two years?

Sansa pretty much remains a patsy thru-out the book. Yeah, he was same guy (I asked too), don't know why his hair was all of a sudden dark tho.

The Hound's always been one of my favorite characters - bad guy: "you're willing to die over some chickens?" Hound: "Well, someone's going to die" :thumbs:

^LOL, did you just start watching it? Its been that way since episode 1 season 1 :p

ET - they have to learn about the birds and the bees sooner or later anyways!

Uh. No one told me that it was inappropriate for a 13-yo...Where's the remote?
OMG Tex! LOL Ya....and it gets worse just so you know. Still a great show though if you can manage to watch it without the kiddos around.

a8Wno8d_460sa.gif

****!

so who do you all think killed him? Im thinking his mom! so she could stay queen?

^^^ I still have a few hundred pages left in book 5, and I still don't have a good answer. The possibilities have been narrowed down, but nothing definitive.

I was hoping he was going to challenge his other unlce to a sword fight (Jaimee) and he would be king slayerX2. maybe they didnt want to copy the Gladiator ending..

But how does the lineage go? Is the new queen not the queen because they didnt "consumate"

Didnt Cersi have another son? or only a daughter?

****!

so who do you all think killed him? Im thinking his mom! so she could stay queen?

Ned Stark's daughter did pick up the chalice, but I'm not sure she has the stones to do it. The new Queen's mother, but why jeopardize the daughter's position? Maybe the Court Jester? Aaaargh, I'm so torn!

I was hoping he was going to challenge his other unlce to a sword fight (Jaimee) and he would be king slayerX2. maybe they didnt want to copy the Gladiator ending..

But how does the lineage go? Is the new queen not the queen because they didnt "consumate"

Didnt Cersi have another son? or only a daughter?
Next in line is Tommen, Joffrey's little brother. In the books, he's only 10, so he is the "king" but the rule actually stays with the Queen Regent (Cersi) and the King's Hand (Tywin). In the books, Joffrey is only 14ish and won't be allowed to truly rule until he is 16.

After Tommen it would go back to Robert's brother, Stannis.

But there is alsy Myrcella, who is older than Tommen, but younger than Joffrey. She was sent to Dorne shortly before the Battle on the Blackwater.

I think Marghery (sp?) does marry Tommen, or is his betrothed or whatever; she does become queen, that much I know. Regarding the poisoning;

The books pretty much peg Marghery's grand-mother

^^^ That's what Mrs Dex told me, but I never saw it. Maybe I missed it.

Tommen and Margery don't get married (at least not yet) because Tommen is still too young.

Yeah, the show didn't capture quite the same vibe as the book laid down...as I recall (from book) Tyrion really blew up at his nephew during all that, making him all the more probable suspect

I remember Tyrion and Cersi had a couple throw-downs and how they were constantly plotting against each other. Cersi was convinced that Tyrion was trying to steal the throne, but all Tyrion wanted was to be in charge of Casterly Rock with Shae. (by rights he should have been able to since Jamie was in the Kingsguard and Tyrion was the only other son to Tywin).

Back