Game of Thrones ! (HBO Mini Series) Spoilers...... - Page 13 - Shoot the Breeze - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Road Guy

Game of Thrones ! (HBO Mini Series) Spoilers......

I just have one question for you all:

How in the hell to you understand all of what is going on and how do you remember everyone's name?????

I hate tapatalk

38 minutes ago, Ken PE 3.0 said:

How in the hell to you understand all of what is going on and how do you remember everyone's name?????

I hate tapatalk

I usually read the recaps online.  I'd never figure all the names out otherwise, or some of the family connections.  

5 hours ago, Ken PE 3.0 said:

I hate tapatalk

I don't.  Usually I have to google names if it's not one of the main characters and see the picture that comes up...a lot better with faces than names.

On 6/27/2016 at 0:42 PM, SNAPE/SMOTT PE said:

Arya = lady stoneheart?

I doubt Lady Stoneheart will be introduced at this point. Far too much time has passed since Catelyn has been killed and the Brothers Without Banners have been shown a few times since then without any hinting of her as their leader.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Summit1986 said:

I doubt Lady Stoneheart will be introduced at this point. Far too much time has passed since Catelyn has been killed and the Brothers Without Banners have been shown a few times since then without any hinting of her as their leader.  

Agreed; they passed the point where it would make sense to introduce her. The Freys are already dead.

I think Jon is still going to be "burned" by fire and that is how he discovers he a Stark-garyen.

3 hours ago, bradlelf said:

Agreed; they passed the point where it would make sense to introduce her. The Freys are already dead.

I think Jon is still going to be "burned" by fire and that is how he discovers he a Stark-garyen.

Dany swoops in on a dragon and tries to take John out.  Dragon doesn't want to toast him, but when it does, he isn't burnt.  Spend the next 30 minutes of the show watching the light bulb go off in both their heads.

13516626_1058467734206238_35092381935963

• Like 1

was out of town over the weekend and into Tuesday so just got around to watching the finale!  HFS that was some of the best TV I have seen since F'n Airfwolf!

Only question I have is: Was the tree where Sansa told littledick to F- Off the same tree where Bran was left toward the end of the show?  is he that close to winterfell or am I lost?

& Although I haven't read the book in a while (I left off after the 4th)  it is the only book where I have had to keep "notes" on who is who, its so F'n confusing..

Also saw a news story where Martin is still way the F behind with book 6..

On June 28, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Summit1986 said:

I meant that Arya is picking up her storyline. Not that lady stoneheart is coming to the show. Guess I didn't make that clear enough.

I still cant see where Sam fits in to the story line at all? Maybe the "baby" from the king beyond the wall has some significance?

1 hour ago, Road Guy said:

I still cant see where Sam fits in to the story line at all? Maybe the "baby" from the king beyond the wall has some significance?

Maybe it's not as much with him, as maybe the sword he took plays a role?

maybe, I hadn't thought about that. He gets a lot of "page" time in the book also. must be something there. I am figuring that since GRRM is also a fat kid that maybe he makes Sam some kind of unlikely hero?

Minor bout with insomnia last night I so I started watching it again from season 1- wow they have all aged a lot on the show in 6 years!

Avd in other news I am too old to stay up to 4 am watching tv anymore:(

So who else was mildly disappointed with the season premiere?  I know RG was a huge fan of the chamber pot scenes.

• Like 1

yeah it was a little slow, but still good to have it back on.  I was expecting the HBO NOW to crash like crazy but it did a good job!

So the lannister army is the only army whose foot soldiers wouldn't rape a teenage girl they find in the woods? that part seemed a little sketchy to me..

4 minutes ago, Road Guy said:

yeah it was a little slow, but still good to have it back on.  I was expecting the HBO NOW to crash like crazy but it did a good job!

So the lannister army is the only army whose foot soldiers wouldn't rape a teenage girl they find in the woods? that part seemed a little sketchy to me..

Makes me wonder if they're not implying that the Lannister army is in decline and has to rely on young boys to suit up in lieu of experienced fighters.  

Meh, that episode was lackluster.

But, Ed Sheeran! Haha I totally guessed it was him as soon as they showed his face!

Also, yeah, that Lannister army (of which Sheeran was a soldier) was pretty darned friendly. Their self-deprecating humor (in terms of their opinion of Kings Landing) was nice, however.

The way the chamber pot scenes were edited caught me by surprise. It made me feel like I was watching some random movie where that technique of rapidly splicing reoccurring scenes together for however long has been used, not GoT.

Edited by leggo PE

I also thought having the cameo of Sheeran was not really needed & didn't add anything.. (what does he even sing- Id honestly have to look it up)

Adding Sheeran was a gift to the girl who plays Arya from the director because she's a fan of his. She didn't know he would be there and I guess he's a big fan of the show.

Instead of HBO, we have one channel dedicated to the "big" shows in the US. It has Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, etc (https://www.sky.co.nz/soho), and each day since the first of July they've been re-airing the entire GOT series. We DVR'd them all and started rewatching from the beginning. It's amazing how many things we missed the first time through and how so many more things were foreshadowed. There have been a few episodes where neither my wife or I remember full scenes (especially in seasons 3 and 4). We just got through the Mountain vs Viper episode last night (S4 ep.8), but did jump ahead and watch the new episode too.

Reading back through some of the older posts RE: Arya = Lady Stoneheart, the Brothers without Banners are definitely coming back and it does appear Arya is covering some of the Stoneheart elements.

• Like 1

Predictions after last night?

I think Euron just wiped out 2/3 of Dany's plan, with Tyrell being the one left.  I suspect he goes after her next (probably bringing Cersei her head), leaving Dany short handed against Cersei, forcing her to barter with Snow.  Her help against the walkers in exchange his help to eliminate Cersei.

Yara Greyjoy wasn't killed by Euron, right? I think she'll play more of a roll to come against him. Theon Greyjoy is the BIGGEST wimp. I'm ready for him to just die already. He's my least favorite character in the show now.

Are all the Dorn fighters dead? Obviously, the lady of Dorn that Euron took captive is the gift he plans to give to Cersei. But is it less of a gift if Dorn doesn't have any real fighters left?

Finally, two major plotlines are about to converge. I'm interested to see how the meeting with Dany and Jon Snow goes!

Yara was taken hostage.  It appears the Lady of Dorn and one of the sand snakes was also taken hostage.  

I'm really wanting to know what's going to happen with Littlefinger.  He's obviously still plotting, but Jon and Sansa both seem to want nothing to do with him.  

Yeah, what was up with him smirking after Jon threatened him? I'm wondering if he wants Jon to build up rage against him, and then somehow use it against him.