Engineer Boards
​ ​
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
FLBuff PE

EB Cycling Club

I entered to win some Hawaiian classic something or other bike yesterday

Posted Image

I ended up getting this from Craigslist for $100. Probably. 20+ years old but it's the best riding bike I have ever ridden...

Bought from some hippie that probably needed drug money....

Bought from some hippie that probably needed drug money....

That's fine, just as long as the drugs were grown using green technology to combat climate change.

LEGAL drug money

is it just the angle of the picture or is the front tire larger than the back tire

the front tire is a larger tire size, its a 2 In width? i guess since it doesnt have shocks, rides well.. but my kid borrowe the bike and popped the front tire..

I think I bought the bike before end of 2013 so it was probably illegal weed at that point!

The bike I ride (once or twice a year) is the one my parents bought me when I was 14. The first nice day we had this year, the boys wanted to go riding, so I busted out my 20 yr old 10 speed and the back tube had burst asunder. Got it replaced, but the tires are so dry rotted, Im afraid to get too far from the house. BTW, my youngest (5yrs old) got rid of the training wheels last week. He's been tearing up the driveway ever since.

Edited by goodal

photo6-3.jpg

Scott CR1 full carbon.

I want to get back up to 100 mi/wk, but the reality is more like 100mi/mo. right now.

Said in Monty Python, castle Frenchman accent: "verrry naazzzz"

^My current ride

Bianchi Sempre 105

Bike peeps--

so yesterday while out for ride (havent ridden since the winter) I notice that obvioulsy one of my kids has ridden my bike and wrecked it. gear changing lever was busted and the rear tire is slightly warped, enough to notice..I think I can fix the gear nob changer but conisdering I paid a bill for my bike is it worth it trying to find a replacement rear tire (considering all the goofy-insanely overpriced bike shops out here) or should I just buy another similar model off cragslist?

and yeah I went home and deleted all my kids servers on minecraft for punishment!

^ RG, are these the moments that you want to throw your kids through the fu*king wall?

Personally, I would go for a new tire rim. Do you think you could find a replacement new online?

Yes those are the moments you want to go and break something of your child's.. Then you realize you paid for that too...

I will look around but I stopped in boulder and the guy started talking $150 plus labor , I was like I can put it on bro.....

the rear tire is slightly warped, enough to notice..I think I can fix the gear nob changer but conisdering I paid a bill for my bike is it worth it trying to find a replacement rear tire (considering all the goofy-insanely overpriced bike shops out here) or should I just buy another similar model off cragslist?

It's pretty easy to true a rim if it's still round. Buy a spoke wrench for a few bucks and fix it yourself.

the rear tire is slightly warped, enough to notice..I think I can fix the gear nob changer but conisdering I paid a bill for my bike is it worth it trying to find a replacement rear tire (considering all the goofy-insanely overpriced bike shops out here) or should I just buy another similar model off cragslist?

It's pretty easy to true a rim if it's still round. Buy a spoke wrench for a few bucks and fix it yourself.

That's a good idea.

I found this site with a google search: http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/fix/tiretrue.htm

I would think a local bike shop could true a rim for a helluva lot less than $150. Not saying out there they *will* but they *should*.

I just need to find a place outside of boulder. I was killing time at lunch. Places that have bikes hanging up for sale that are worth more than my car I am probably in the wrong store, but you think it would be acommong problem and they would just have rims for sale? without having to order them and deal with the car salseman asshole guy..

Guess who just bought this on ebay for $36,000.00.

Who was it?

So can I get into cycling without having to wear those faggotty clothes they all wear?

(No offense)