Legos... - Page 3 - Shoot the Breeze - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
engineergurl

Legos...

Built this one with my son a while back:

91nEIEA9wCL._SL1500_.jpg

He has this one about half way done. Will probably finish it if we get a little time this week.

81Dj-5dgxkL._SL1500_.jpg

I've lost track of how many Star Wars kits he's built.

My daughter likes the logo chima sets. She also does lego friends from time to time. She's more into building her own things right now. She gets board with the directions.

minisnick isn't into lego bricks....he has a big o bag of mega blocks and he only plays with them when we ask him too. He prefers tinker toys and lincoln logs at the moment.

• Like 1

minisnick isn't into lego bricks....he has a big o bag of mega blocks and he only plays with them when we ask him too. He prefers tinker toys and lincoln logs at the moment.

That was me as a little one.

Mini Dex loves his Star Wars legos. He has most of the advanced kits. At one point he had them all built, but recently he's been experimenting with "mixing technologies", so his room now looks like a Star Wars parts store with wings, engines, cockpits, etc sorted out where he tries to combine ships into some rather interesting vehicles.

thats what I liked about the lego movie so much, to me it was the people that like to build random stuff out of their legos versus the people that only like to build what the kits told them to build (Ive got one kid in each camp) so it ws a fun battle at our house..

You cant put the star wars man on the indiana jones pit of snakes? are you mad!

• Like 3

Flyer - those aren't the Malaysia Air editions, are they?

• Like 1

Flyer - those aren't the Malaysia Air editions, are they?

Nope. We know exactly where both of these are.

• Like 1

My son and his cousins just finished off a couple of weeks of building the Lego Movie sets and minifigures. They've been playing with them like crazy - doing exactly what the movie did, mixing up pieces with all thier older sets. Fun stuff to watch.

That was me as a little one.

Me too.

I had those big pine blocks that I loved. I need to get them back from my parents house, now that my neice and nephew are well over a decade past using them.

My boys (10,7 and 5) will spend hours on perfectly beautiful days inside building and rebuilding their lego sets. We have many star wars and chima sets that are all now Frankenstien sets. I really like helping build the sets, but they are never together for more than a day before the star wars space thing gets more guns and the chima house gets a new garage. Here is their hall for this Christmas alone. We have a game room that the mrs and I will not step in for fear of the lacerations to our feet from all the legos in the floor.

post-5755-0-22368000-1395756583_thumb.jp

• Like 1

PS. I get most of their sets from ebay. I go see what walmart is selling for and determine not to pay over 1/2 price. Granted most of the time I don't get the box or the mini figs, but hey its 1/2 off. The boys have gotten wise to the fact that they are getting gyped. They now stipulate when they ask for a lego set that they want a new set, because "it has all the little guys". Dang it. I knew it wouldn't last long.

• Like 1

PS. I get most of their sets from ebay. I go see what walmart is selling for and determine not to pay over 1/2 price. Granted most of the time I don't get the box or the mini figs, but hey its 1/2 off. The boys have gotten wise to the fact that they are getting gyped. They now stipulate when they ask for a lego set that they want a new set, because "it has all the little guys". Dang it. I knew it wouldn't last long.

Keep an eye out on this forum:

http://toysnbricks.com/

There is a section in the forums for in store deals and one for online/other deals. Target and Walmart usually have clearance sales twice a year where you can get sets for up to 70% off.