I Sold Everything To Buy A Lamborghini And Drive Across The Country

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
Richard Jordan had everything he was told to want: cars, a new house, and a fiancee. Then his fiancee left him. So he sold everything, bought a Lamborghini Gallardo and set out across America. This is his amazing story.

This is a love story, but not a conventional one. Sure, there's a woman. There always is. But it's when the woman split that the real romance began. This is the story of Richard Jordan, a man who lost love and then found it again in an exotic Italian sports car and the open American road. Jordan's journey would take him across the country and back again multiple times as he racked up nearly 100,000 miles on a car so expensive, most owners rarely drive at all.

http://jalopnik.com/5559767/

I think this story is pretty awesome.

I got my little letter from the social security office yesterday, you know the one that shows you how much you have made since you were working (& paying taxes) I always recollect, but in 1995 I made $5,995 for the entire year, and I dont recall being miserable, in fact I have some great memories from that year.

of course 3 kids later its easy to let things get out of control, but I hope when my last gets out of high school I can ditch my suburban lifestyle and enjoy a little of what this guy did, although I doubt I will have as much fun as he did..

There are people doing this kind of stuff these days, and still working or taking mini-retirements between jobs. The book, 4 hour work week, covers the new trend and how to do it. It is easier with a company that would allow you to telecommute 100%. Some people have sold their houses, and touring the world while still working. It talked about one couple that sold their house, and bought a Yacht in France that they were selling in a small south pacific island. They took 15 months to get to the location of the sale, and worked and taught/home schooled their 3 kids along the way while enjoying sites. Their communication equipment on board allowed them to telecommute. Once done with that trip, they were going to buy a camp ground in the Rockies somewhere for a short while.

Did any of you read down below the stroy at the posts to the article. There is one in particular from a guy who says the article is a crock of you know what. This story does sound out of wack-interesting to see the reply from a guy who says he knows him and he is nothing more than a trust fund kid. Gotta believe this guys post - i think this kid would have had some better pictures from across the country than his lambo sitting in some field.

Maybe its just me, but the guy interviewed seems like a complete dipshit.

So you cause yourself all this financial burden for what? Prove a point to some chick? To your friends on FB? Looks like a douche, smells like a douche, probably is a .....

Could have done the same thing in a 07' Mustang and not worried about losing your house.

If you cause yourself crisis's they aren't as impressive when you overcome them.

Back