Pizza delivery man has to deal with jerks at used car dealership

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MetsFan

Reaction score
These guys are a piece of work. The best part is the guy at the end who says he has it all on video, audio, etc.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=030_1421237536

Here's another link to the story:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2015/01/14/westport-car-dealership-messes-with-pizza-delivery-guy-feels-internet-wrath/zXO7rV6jreriD63xG0bj5L/story.html

and their Yelp page after the video:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/f-and-r-auto-sales-westport

By Eric Levenson @ejleven

Boston.com Staff | 01.14.15 | 4:44 PM

A video of car dealership employees in Westport getting into a heated argument with a local pizza delivery man over $7 has led to Internet anger and a personal apology.

The video, posted on Liveleak, begins with a delivery man returning $7 in cash to the dealership that he had thought was a tip. By the end of the video, one dealership worker threatens to “put my foot in your ass” and another says he will call the delivery man’s manager and get him fired.

(Warning: The video contains some NSFW language.)

The delivery man in the video is an employee at Palace Pizza named Jarrid Tansey, according to two employees there. Lianette Hernandez, a cook and cashier, and Adam Willoughby, a manager, confirmed the video came from an interaction at the nearby dealership F&R Auto Sales on Saturday.

The total bill for the pizza and drinks was just over $42, Hernandez said, and dealership workers gave Tansey $50 in two twenties and two fives. In the video, Tansey says he confirmed that they wanted to give the whole $50, and then left with what he assumed was a $7-and-change tip.

However, the dealership then called the pizza place back and forced him to return the $7-and-change, and he was left without a tip, leading to the heated conversation on video.

“It just doesn’t make sense why you’d hand me a bill that you were just gonna have me drive back here to give you back anyway,” Tansey says in the video. “I’m not mad, I just had to waste my resources coming back here.”

But the office-workers are adamant about their position in the video.

“So listen: The manager apologized once for you. Do you want him to apologize again for you?” the worker in blue says.

“Out the door before I put my foot in your ass,” a female office-worker in green says.

“Get the f---ing owner and the manager on the phone, I want that mother-f---er done,” another man in the office says after Tansey leaves. “I want him fired.”

The video was originally posted on YouTube, but it has since been made private. However, a Google index of the video shows the title as originally being “irate pizza driver.” The angle of the video suggests it comes from a stationary security camera inside the dealership’s office.

Willoughby, who was working that night, said he got a call from F&R Auto Sales saying that Tansey had “verbally berated” them. He said they took the call seriously at first and asked Tansey about the interaction. After Tansey explained what had happened, managers decided not to discipline the driver.

“This isn’t the first time we have had problems with F&R Auto,” Willoughby said.

“All the time, there’s always a problem, always an issue,” Hernandez said. “We’ve been going back and forth with them for a long time.”

Palace Pizza has been getting supportive calls all day from across the country, and several people have pledged to raise or donate money for Tansey.

In addition, the owner of the dealership and his son came by to apologize to Palace Pizza in person on Wednesday.

“I was the manager on that night, and today they came and spoke to me, profusely apologized,” Willoughby said. “We both want to make things right between us. We don’t want any bad blood.”

Commenters who claim to have seen the YouTube video before it was made private identify the dealership as F & R Auto Sales in Westport. Review pages of that dealership on Yelp and Google were being flooded with negative ratings on Wednesday. In addition, the dealership’s website struggled to load.

Calls to the dealership through their main phone line did not go through. Messages left through the site’s Google Connect link, Facebook account, listed email, and on Twitter were not immediately returned.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, love the first response:

"F&R Auto Sales is now widely considered by my entire class (and soon, the entire internet) to be the benchmark example on how to destroy a small business. Thanks to F&R Auto Sales, I saved over $750 on a new textbook!"

classic example of people not knowing how to count change properly (on the part of the dealership employees, not pizza driver).

Seems like there is more to it than that. Why would they give him a bill they want right back and why not give the dude a tip? The car salesmen are morons for posting it as proof the pizza guy was "irate". if thats irate, I wonder what calm is. He had it together, they were the douche bags on many levels.

I think what he was saying was the dude gave him some combination of cash that he expected to get right back. I dont think he gave a 50 or a 10 and 2 20's. Like me making a 5$ purchase and handing him 2 5's so he could give one back.

I think what he was saying was the dude gave him some combination of cash that he expected to get right back. I dont think he gave a 50 or a 10 and 2 20's. Like me making a 5$ purchase and handing him 2 5's so he could give one back.

This--the driver says they gave him two $20s and two $5s for a $42 check. Unless they are complete morons (which obviously they are), if they didn't intend to give a tip why wouldn't they give him two $20s and one $5? Unless they expected an $8 bill in return?

good to know that some stereotypes are accurate.. I imagine this same scenario happens at Realtors offices as well..

I delivered Pizza in HS. I got paid $1.00 per delivery (1989/1990 ish) I didn't stay at that job long, if you had some long distances to drive and dealt with shitty people some nights you would lose money based on just gas money..

pizza-the-hut.gif

The video is a security camera feed, so how did it get out there in the first place? Please tell me one of those brain surgeons thought it would be a good idea to upload it to YouTube.

The video is a security camera feed, so how did it get out there in the first place? Please tell me one of those brain surgeons thought it would be a good idea to upload it to YouTube.
This is the funniest part.

Yeah, I think one of those morons thought it would be great to show the "irate" pizza delivery guy to the world. The video was first posted on Youtube and now it's private.

good to know that some stereotypes are accurate.. I imagine this same scenario happens at Realtors offices as well..

I delivered Pizza in HS. I got paid $1.00 per delivery (1989/1990 ish) I didn't stay at that job long, if you had some long distances to drive and dealt with shitty people some nights you would lose money based on just gas money..
same here except I did this for a couple of years in college. It's tough to keep a smile on your face when a customer hands you exact change and slams the door in your face or gives you a twenty when the bill is 19.90 and tells you to "keep the change"

I tend to over tip delivery people. Generally I always give $5 minimum no matter what the order is, which sucks sometimes because it can turns a $7 sandwich into a $12 sandwich, however, I didn't have go get it and deal with the general public so it's most often worth it.

I tend to base it on how far they have to drive. The Papa John's guy two blocks away gets $2.

I tend to base it on how far they have to drive. The Papa John's guy two blocks away gets $2.

lol, we don't have anyplace that delivers to the house... there are sometimes I would pay $20 for delivery if I could get it. Most often I usually order from Jimmy Johns and those guys ride their bikes so I figure they are working for it, but yeah two blocks I would reconsider since they don't really have to coordinate that stop on a route or anything

Back