Youngest Person to pass the PE?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omaryradwan

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, since the exam has been decoupled from qualifying experience, would anyone know of anyone who took and passed the PE when they were very young?

I've seen several people in Florida on my LinkedIn that took it prior to being out of school for 4 years. So I'd say anyone under 25 that passed it qualifies as unusually young to pass such an exam.

I wish I could've taken it early, but Florida didn't decouple until the year I took it. Otherwise I would've taken it right after passing the FE.

What do you consider very young?

21-22/right after graduating. I passed the FE in July and my dad, who works in Power pushed me to take the CompE PE ASAP, and since California had decoupled the exam I was able to take it last week. I did a bit of Googleing after I passed and found everyone to be 25+ so I found that interesting.

The second I turned 18 I was eligible to work in my home country of the USA

I don't know about y'all's states, but mine doesn't prohibit people above the age of 16 from working. Even allowed to work over 40 hours. 🤔

I don't know about y'all's states, but mine doesn't prohibit people above the age of 16 from working. Even allowed to work over 40 hours. 🤔
Hmm. I'm not sure how that works.

Teens can work in my state but there are restrictions on numbers of hours. I think they also require a form signed by the school system and their parents.

I know students under the age of 18 have applied for internships, and my company won't even consider it. Apparently employing people under the age of 18 opens you up to certain liabilities.

Kid's story seems fishy. It's their only post on Reddit? They think the can't work in the USA under 18? Their username is YoungPESonnn? They said "home country" (I don't think Americans really say that. Most Americans online assume their audience is American, especially if they were talking about being a PE, so they would say something like "back in the US."). Sounds like a troll. But I'd be interested to see if we can find them on LinkedIn.

Last edited:
Back