"you'll be fine"

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
I swear to god the next fucking person that says that to me is going to get a beat down

:die:

>>end rant>>

thanks, I feel better

I did get an encouraging email from an old boss who said he "could always use a receptionist that new microstation/caice" :dunno:

i liked it when it was someone who had never seen the PE before. They think, hey its just a test, you studied, "You'll be fine".

That made me feel so much better.

Yeah, aggrvated me too. Most friends and family were saying that. They had NO CLUE how hard it was.

Ed

Yeah, it was pretty damn hard.

I definitely think the PE exam, and a bunch of other tough ones out there, need more "street cred".

Everyone's heard of the CPA or the Bar exams, but the others need love too.

My dad, a PE for the past 300 years, likes to refer to the exam as a "quiz." That gets to me...

GT's old man's calculator...

wooden_abacus_2.jpg

my grandfather would be dissapointed in me, he graduated from Ga Tech in 1942, his PE # in Ga is literally <1000# (I think its 980 something) [He died several years ago) but he had to go back and take the PE in a few states 20+ years after college, which wouldnt give him reciprocity (back then they just "gave" you your license) and he told me he passed on the first try.... :suicide:

He was a ME, and he started the firm "International Incinerators Incorporated" with some ex WWII buddies, sadly for me, neither my dad or uncle had any interest in engineering, so gramps sold his share of the company when he retired, many days I think about the benefits of nepitism I could be enjoying had my dad / uncle went into the business... :read:

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah it would have been sweet!:evile:

My grandfather actually built a minature scale model of a working incinerator that they would take to demonstrate how it worked when they did proposals (back in the day) I keep meaning to get it from my dads house one day and see if it still works, it would only burn about a handful of paper/trash, but it was pretty cool.

I think most of the work they do know is overseas, but all the smokestacks you see in Atlanta were designed / built by his company, I dont think many of them are in use due to landfills being the popular choice in the south today.

Latest posts

Back