You passed, now what?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) Figure out how to tell my insomnia that the test is over and it's OK to sleep.

2) Do some fishing.

3) Return the favor and nag my wife to study for her PE exam.
Item 1) is right on. With no need to study until midnight, I'm in bed at a reasonable hour. But then I'm up after only 5 hours of sleep.

I'd add "reconnect with my family". I took the FE and PE back to back (20 years out of college). I started studying for the FE in August of 2010, so it was around 14 months straight of little time for the wife and kids.

And I also pulled out the special scotch reserved for birth of a child, graduation of child (presumably), marriage of child (presumably)...

--If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all. *Michelangelo

Fortune favors the brave.

Be real careful with stuff like #2 - I started there, and ended up running a marathon! Make sure it can't grow on ya! Now, #3 I love!

With a second child on the way, Im hoping a marathond won't be in the cards. #3 has been on my list ever since a buddy gave me a small Johnny Walker sampler for my bachelor party 4 years ago. It included JW Blue. I figure if Im going all out for my 30th, I might as well go with the best I can get. 30 year old single malt!
I did the JW Blue when I passed. It is good but I doubt $200 good. Save your money, but splurge on the Green. I think it's better

Your raise will buy you a new house? That's awesome! In all seriousness, congrats on passing.

Well good luck! I am quite envious that you live in the mountains. I'm stuck here in crazy Northern Virginia.

I have a performance evaluation on Monday. i am not expecting anything. may not even mention to my boss since he is not PE. I will be nice to know how people feel after an actual raise. :fencing:

So I haven't received anything from CA yet. The website says I passed the PE, but nothing has been mailed, and if I lookup my name, I'm still not listed.

Any idea when you get your license number?

So I haven't received anything from CA yet. The website says I passed the PE, but nothing has been mailed, and if I lookup my name, I'm still not listed.

Any idea when you get your license number?

Somewhere between now and the New Year, probably. I believe, from reading EB.com postings, license numbers won't be on the 'License Lookup' until the Board updates their system for all PE exams (including Civil State Specific Exams). We (Civil examinees) are still waiting for the results of the Civil California specific exams.

**** Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) who decided the California Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists should be one of the last Boards to switch over to the new ONLINE system. A barber can get his license online but a PE has to do it all through the USPS, and wait, wait, wait...

The new system is called BReEZe and the link is below:

http://www.dca.ca.gov/about_dca/breeze/index.shtml

**** Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) who decided the California Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists should be one of the last Boards to switch over to the new ONLINE system. A barber can get his license online but a PE has to do it all through the USPS, and wait, wait, wait...

The new system is called BReEZe and the link is below:

http://www.dca.ca.gov/about_dca/breeze/index.shtml

It would be nice to make this process online so it's a little more efficient, then again it's only going on 2014 ... :brickwall:

Title upgrade from Project Engineer to Account Executive! :mf_bounce8:

Still haven't heard anything from the state (WA), nor am I listed on the online license registration yet. Playing the waiting game.....

Back