Would you let your family be a "reality" show?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stopped watching before I started watching. I don't like "reality" TV in general, but **** like this is ridiculous. From what I have read about the situation, they really were struggling with the children when TLC did the first documentary about them. They were accepting charitable food donations and volunteer care from friends, family and neighbors just to make sure everybody was cared for. Then, after that documentary got good reviews, TLC did another one a year later. After that, they started the series. I've heard that Kate went from a frantic mom that never took the time to get cleaned up for camera in the documentaries, to the dolled-up bitch she has become during the span of the series. She no longer really cares about or for the children that have given her everything. Both parents just proved that the show and their lives have nothing to do with the children by announcing this very public divorce. It pisses me off that they are trying to pass this off as the "best thing for the children" when it is crystal clear that the best thing for the children is the cancel the show, quit being shallow assholes, and take care of the children that they made together.

blame society. It's the idiots that watch this "show" that keep it going. There would be no money, no perks, and no show if no one watched it. Personally, I've never seen it and don't care to. Just like the midgets show, all of the "rock of Love" shows, Survivors, etc. They hold zero appeal for me.

Everytime I see some reference to his stuff on network "news" I envision society devleloping for real in the "Idiocracy" society. I'm convinced that that movie actually (and accurately) foretells the future.

Short answer NO. But I also make enough $ I don't have to. But if I had 8 kids maybe I would feel different.

My girlfriend watches this show and we were talking about it last night.

She says she started watching it to see how the couple deals with all those kids, but kept watching to see how bad Kate could treat her husband.

I know it sounds bad, but we also like to watch INTERVENTION while drinking cocktails.

I've heard that Kate went from a frantic mom that never took the time to get cleaned up for camera in the documentaries, to the dolled-up bitch she has become during the span of the series. She no longer really cares about or for the children that have given her everything. Both parents just proved that the show and their lives have nothing to do with the children by announcing this very public divorce. It pisses me off that they are trying to pass this off as the "best thing for the children" when it is crystal clear that the best thing for the children is the cancel the show, quit being shallow assholes, and take care of the children that they made together.
My wife found a clip of Kate that kind of sums it all up. She and the 8 kids (no sign of John) were getting ready to do some TV interview. One of the 8yo's is begging Kate for a drink because she hadn't had a drink all day and was dying of thirst. After telling her to be quiet, Kate asked someone if she (Kate) could get a bottle of water. Kate got her water, took a drink and then put the bottle on the floor next to her chair. When the 8yo asked if she could have some, Kate told her to sit down and be quiet (not very nicely BTW) because they were getting ready to start taping.

blame society. It's the idiots that watch this "show" that keep it going. There would be no money, no perks, and no show if no one watched it. Personally, I've never seen it and don't care to. Just like the midgets show, all of the "rock of Love" shows, Survivors, etc. They hold zero appeal for me. Everytime I see some reference to his stuff on network "news" I envision society devleloping for real in the "Idiocracy" society. I'm convinced that that movie actually (and accurately) foretells the future.
I'll admit, I watch some of those once in a while...it's basically like a televised train wreck. Besides, it's a good way to make you feel better about yourself.

Back