Will the PE exam move to CBT in near future?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laugh all you want, because he's laughing to the bank to cash his $100 millions check.

Word of advice. Don't argue about religion in the results threads.

Listen to the man or risk:

633645003725135464.jpg

^ Ram, I can't see the pic you posted, but I'm going to assume it has something to do with a large hammer shaped object.

If so:

52230353.jpg

@snickerd3 - what will the examiners check then? - How will they make sure that people are not copying questions from the computer into their books? Maybe they have CCTVs in each cubicle.

But there is nothing like paper and pencil exam - only thing I want and everybody wants is quck results for PE exams. Its hard waiting for 40-50 days for such an important exam of your life. Maybe they should have PE exam of 4 hours each day for 2 days to reduce the stress on students taking exam. This 8 hour exam and EIT exam was the longest I took in my whole life. Maybe they should offer PE exam 4 hours duration AM portion in January and 4 hour PE exam depth portion in April and again 4 hours PE exam - AM portion in July and 4 hour PE exam depth portion in October to reduce stress and cramming. NCEES should take our advice to reduce stress on students - I think. My back was paining for few days after lifting those bags for the exam.

@snickerd3 - what will the examiners check then? - How will they make sure that people are not copying questions from the computer into their books? Maybe they have CCTVs in each cubicle.

But there is nothing like paper and pencil exam - only thing I want and everybody wants is quck results for PE exams. Its hard waiting for 40-50 days for such an important exam of your life. Maybe they should have PE exam of 4 hours each day for 2 days to reduce the stress on students taking exam. This 8 hour exam and EIT exam was the longest I took in my whole life. Maybe they should offer PE exam 4 hours duration AM portion in January and 4 hour PE exam depth portion in April and again 4 hours PE exam - AM portion in July and 4 hour PE exam depth portion in October to reduce stress and cramming. NCEES should take our advice to reduce stress on students - I think. My back was paining for few days after lifting those bags for the exam.
that's the point there will be no books, the provided reference manual will be like the one for the FE, on the computer. and you do all your work on essentially white boards pages.

If you can't deal with an 8-hour exam I'm not sure how long you'll survive in a fast paced work environment.

If you can't deal with an 8-hour exam I'm not sure how long you'll survive in a fast paced work environment.
Thanks Ram, i wasn't going to go there, but you did for me.

Comment deleted

edit:

Nevermind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicken? Yes, that's what I'm having for lunch.

Thanks Ram, i wasn't going to go there, but you did for me.

I'm here for you. I'm sure Mike would have said it eventually anyway.

Back