Will the PE exam move to CBT in near future?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, that's where I'm confused. I thought there was an ncees FS exam and an ncees PS exam.

So your cbt experience is based on California tests? I wonder if ncees will follow their lead.

Ah, that's where I'm confused. I thought there was an ncees FS exam and an ncees PS exam.

So your cbt experience is based on California tests? I wonder if ncees will follow their lead.
Yes, my experience is based on the CA (only) survey and seismic CBT exams... so glad this stuff is over for me.

I bet.

So it looks like the ncees survey exam is closed but the CA survey is open. The ncees pe exam can go either way I guess.

That would suck if they made the PE exam a CBT exam. Be careful of what you wish for., you just may get.

I thank God that He blessed me to pass both the FE and PE exams before they were converted to CBTs. I don't care if I had to wait before I got my results. There is nothing like the printed word in front of you.

I took the last paper FE on October 2013. I hope I get my PE before it goes CBT.

You're correct. Surveying national exams are FS and PS - developed by NCEES. Each state has their own state-specific surveying exam on local rules and regulations specific to their state.

I thank God that He blessed me to pass both the FE and PE exams before they were converted to CBTs. I don't care if I had to wait before I got my results. There is nothing like the printed word in front of you.
i know right. I am old school and I like the paper and especially the pencil!

I got myself a nice collection of pencils!

God? That's an assumption on your part that there is one. Like all good engineers, let's not forget to state our assumptions.

2862362.jpg

God? That's an assumption on your part that there is one. Like all good engineers, let's not forget to state our assumptions.
Why do you care what he believed in? Do it matter to you or somehow the word God hurts your feeling? That his assumption, and his only

How is that a better alternative to the currently used scantrons? What benefit is there to NCEES to have the examinee manually enter answers into the computer? It would be more time consuming, harder to monitor for cheating, and the risk of incorrect data entry would be a problem for examinees.

Matt has it right on this one. A CBT PE exam would require discipline specific references and is probably modeled on the current CBT FE exam.
I heard that it takes about 4 weeks for the answer sheets to reach NCEES and manually scanned. Probably this time could be saved! I agree it is harder to monitor for cheating. There shd be a way to enter those answer in the computer to make things faster!

How is that a better alternative to the currently used scantrons? What benefit is there to NCEES to have the examinee manually enter answers into the computer? It would be more time consuming, harder to monitor for cheating, and the risk of incorrect data entry would be a problem for examinees.

Matt has it right on this one. A CBT PE exam would require discipline specific references and is probably modeled on the current CBT FE exam.
I heard that it takes about 4 weeks for the answer sheets to reach NCEES and manually scanned. Probably this time could be saved! I agree it is harder to monitor for cheating. There shd be a way to enter those answer in the computer to make things faster!

When you start a sentence with "I heard" and then follow that with something that it is unlikely to be true, consider evaluating what you are writing, revise it or delete it, and save everybody from wasting their time reading it or yet further being compelled to respond to it at absolutely no avail.

Well now, this thread has gotten totally off track. And for the record, it wasn't my fault this time!

Since how many years now it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get the PE results? It feels we are in the 1970's :Locolaugh: . In this day and age of smart phones, and streaming movies on HDTV's - the time to get PE results has not moved faster.

I am really astonished at the time it takes to get the PE results. Maybe they should hire more people to get the results out faster and raise the exam fees for that.

Back