Will the exam report say you passed the FE test or the EIT test in California?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would also recommend checking into this: http://www.ncees.org/Exams/Study_materials.php?exam=FE
those sample quests & solutions guides seem to be more indicative of typical questions on the FE - the FERM is generally held to be overly 'robust' in terms of difficulty of sample problems; but thats not a bad thing, as overly prepared is a good thing.
I hate to break it to you, but the double integrals are covered as part of multivarible calculus that most first year engineering and physics or math students would have learned in their first year of college.

Higher level math means topics such as partial differential equations, algebraic analysis (no not algebra of the type you learn in 9th grade), differential geometry, complex analysis, etc..

Then again, you should know the FE better than anyone since you did take it six time, that's about 5 times more than most people.

^ I believe you meant to quote Steel Man :rolleyes: - civil DS for me - one & done

y'all need to stop comparing 'beam deflections' already :deadhorse:

Last edited by a moderator:
I took the FE exam – General option last April, 2010. Thanks God I passed - first try, I am civil engineering Major but I love CS so I also got MIT degree from the UK.

I have been exposed to some of CS math courses. It is very close to engineering math courses with more focus on Complex numbers and numerical analysis which you won’t find lot of question about it in the FE exam.

You will need to focus on other math topic such as, differential equations, Geometric Algebra, statistics/ Probability; also you will need to focus on other topics, as economics, chemistry, Mechanic of materials and stat/dynamics.

In your case, I think you need some courses to cover these topics, or u need at lease 6 mo to study it (not reviewing it) as I don’t think u have been exposed to it in CS.

Wish you Luck

In your case, I think you need some courses to cover these topics, or u need at lease 6 mo to study it (not reviewing it) as I don’t think u have been exposed to it in CS. Wish you Luck
I'm beginning to wonder if I took the same FE exam as other people on here.

This is the UCLA CS curriculum-

http://www.seasoasa.ucla.edu/undergraduate...ter-science-b-s

Preparation for the MajorRequired: Chemistry and Biochemistry 20A; Computer Science 1, 31, 32, 33, 35L, M51A (or Electrical Engineering M16); Electrical Engineering 1; Mathematics 31A, 31B, 32A, 32B, 33A, 33B, 61; Physics 1A, 1B, 4AL, 4BL.
Assuming graduate students must meet these elements of the undergrad program, and assuming most CS degrees are similar this is more than enough preparation to pass the test I took. With a little review but no extra courses.

i would also recommend checking into this: http://www.ncees.org/Exams/Study_materials.php?exam=FE
those sample quests & solutions guides seem to be more indicative of typical questions on the FE - the FERM is generally held to be overly 'robust' in terms of difficulty of sample problems; but thats not a bad thing, as overly prepared is a good thing.
I hate to break it to you, but the double integrals are covered as part of multivarible calculus that most first year engineering and physics or math students would have learned in their first year of college.

Higher level math means topics such as partial differential equations, algebraic analysis (no not algebra of the type you learn in 9th grade), differential geometry, complex analysis, etc..

Then again, you should know the FE better than anyone since you did take it six time, that's about 5 times more than most people.
First let me tell you some factors why I failed and took it 6 times, for so many people in this board laugh at me, they dont have any clue why it happened to me.

1. I was educated BS Civil and MSc Engineering in the Far East. We are not educated to a level where the focus was passing the FE exam was the target, not like the ABET degree holders, they dont have that much excuse if they failed as much as like me. Our system was focused on Civil Engineering major subjects and our local board was based on this.

2. I graduated 15.5 yrs ago.

3. Some courses like Materials Science was never introduce in our Engineering curriculum, even Probability and Stats wasnt included, I learned this in MSc Engineering.

4. Our Thermo and Electricity wasnt that in depth we didnt reach Cycles and AC circuits.

5. I live in place where I have to do only self review, no PPI review or any review classes are held.

So in general it was a struggle for me, it took me years to grasp everything what the North America covered in their engineering course. I would say I learned it the hard way, I have posted my several study approach for the FE exams somewhere on this forum, feel free to read it, it might benefit you. Two things I would give you a recommendation.

1. Never give up, in the end youll be victorous, and I made it.

2. revise your strategy all the time you fall down and look back why and what went wrong with your study approach and develop good studying techniques.

good luck you can do it.

Steel Man

First let me tell you some factors why I failed and took it 6 times, for so many people in this board laugh at me, they dont have any clue why it happened to me.

1. I was educated BS Civil and MSc Engineering in the Far East. We are not educated to a level where the focus was passing the FE exam was the target, not like the ABET degree holders, they dont have that much excuse if they failed as much as like me. Our system was focused on Civil Engineering major subjects and our local board was based on this.

2. I graduated 15.5 yrs ago.

3. Some courses like Materials Science was never introduce in our Engineering curriculum, even Probability and Stats wasnt included, I learned this in MSc Engineering.

4. Our Thermo and Electricity wasnt that in depth we didnt reach Cycles and AC circuits.

5. I live in place where I have to do only self review, no PPI review or any review classes are held.

So in general it was a struggle for me, it took me years to grasp everything what the North America covered in their engineering course. I would say I learned it the hard way, I have posted my several study approach for the FE exams somewhere on this forum, feel free to read it, it might benefit you. Two things I would give you a recommendation.

1. Never give up, in the end youll be victorous, and I made it.

2. revise your strategy all the time you fall down and look back why and what went wrong with your study approach and develop good studying techniques.

good luck you can do it.

Steel Man

and lastly, IM not in USA , I live Im in Canada, this is my personal goal, if I will pass the PE Exam, this will be my third license as Civil Engineer in three different countries, I dont think anybody in this board has that.

Back