Will my Application be approved

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$75? That's all?? Heck, it's $275 in CA. :(
$275 to apply to your state board for approval to sit for the exam? Or $275 to register for the exam? I remember having to submit a fee for my application and then another fee to register for the exam later. I don't remember what the exact costs were for each, but I know the application fee was a fraction of the cost to register for the exam.

$275 to apply for and take the exam(s). Seismic, Survey, Fed 8-hour. If you pass one or two of the three tests and only need to re-take one or two of the three tests - still $275 each time.
I think it does include your license when you finally do pass. I hope. Knowing CA, they probably have a "License handling fee" of $100 so they can pay $110 for some "challenged person" to have a job licking envelopes and taking them to the post office.
Yes, I am pretty sure that when you pass, there is no additional money required on top of the $275(s) you already paid.

This is just ridiculously subjective and again has nothing to do with what I was seeking here. I can't help but laugh that someone thinks this is such a wise post.
Things happen.

Events occur.

Your anecdotal experience doesn't give you the right to try and lecture me about what life might hand me. Fact of the matter is April is an absolutely ideal time for me to take the exam and it will be very easy to take the proper time to prepare.

Trivializing an inaccurate $30 ($75) application cost is also poor form. Money is relative.

I've had enough of your worthless ignorant responses, I won't be back. (yea I get your point of saddle up buttercup and deal with it but I didn't come here for your shoot from the hip life tips)

Go ahead and post your response that I won't be back to read because we gotta get to 6,000 somehow right? Keep that engineering forum board ego intact even if it's without tact.

Thanks again Sapper for the advice.
Would you like a tisssue?

Crybaby.

Udden, udden

SemiQualified: first, welcome to the forum. It looks like you just started here.

Second, what people try to tell you is that the board will have the final say in how to interpret your case. they can accept certain references (even if they don't meet what is on the requirements), accept your education, accept your experience - or not. In the end it is up to you to explain your situation and they likely have understanding that not every career is like in the text book. Even if staff at your state tell you you don't qualify, this doesn't mean the board says the same. Even if it sounds like risking money, in the end only an application will reveal if they accept you or not. You also can appeal if they denied you.

Of course, we here can give some guidance, based on our personal experience. Also consider that there are 50 states with 50 different boards and rules and the person responding is referring to his or her own experience that may be some years ago.

Also be prepared to not consider $ 30 or $ 75 to be significant. With text books, exam fee (about $ 250) and all the time you spend studying (if time is money) you run into much much more cost.

good luck!

Do you have a graduate degree? Most states would count that as one year of experience, then you'd only need to show 3 years beyond that.

I would think that if you only worked somewhere for a limited amount of time you should be able to count that time regardless if it was a year or not, but I'm not the board, so I don't get the final say. I think what they don't want is a recommendation of a PE you worked with for 3 months, 10 years ago. You have a large portion with the same PE, so hopefully that will be enough.

Latest posts

Back