who failed??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FAIL = NOT SUCCESSFUL AT THIS ATTEMPTNext attempt will hopefully be PASS.
Exactly, don't give up. This is my third time around and I think I passed based off the conversation I had this morning with the proctor at the DC Board.

Staying at work is hard to do now though.

Plus, now the fun starts of getting reciprocity in 2 other states.

Failed - 68
I can't believe it. I'm pretty bummed right now, but I've already registered for the next exam on October 24th.

I put in quite a bit of time studying for the April exam and felt like I would be in good shape. I think I may have had too many references.

Time to start hitting the books again and get better prepared for the next exam!

Congrats to all who passed!
Sounds like you don't have far to go. Good luck next time and don't let it get you down. You've come this far already, just a little more to go.

Sounds like you don't have far to go. Good luck next time and don't let it get you down. You've come this far already, just a little more to go.
I am so confuse about score, my friend passed CIVIL PE with 54 in AZ some body says the passing score is 56 and u failed with 65.

Can somebody explain what the PE passing score is?

I am so confuse about score, my friend passed CIVIL PE with 54 in AZ some body says the passing score is 56 and u failed with 68.

Can somebody explain what the PE passing score is?

I am not proud to say it but "I failed" the email came a couple of days ago. I am trying to decide wether or not to try again or just go into project management. I even took a Testmasters course and tried so hard.
Do not get discouraged. Try very hard next time. You will certainly pass. Know your weaknesses and work on them first. I passed the test third time.

I am so confuse about score, my friend passed CIVIL PE with 54 in AZ some body says the passing score is 56 and u failed with 68.Can somebody explain what the PE passing score is?
I believe the scores are cut scores. So, a 70% (56/80) could be passing one year and 75% (60/80) could be failing the next. Anyone else know more?

BTW, I believe the 68 was ment as a percentage. 68/80 would be 85%. If someone didn't pass with an 85%, then there's no hope for anyone. Except Einstein or Tesla that is.

I am so confuse about score, my friend passed CIVIL PE with 54 in AZ some body says the passing score is 56 and u failed with 68.Can somebody explain what the PE passing score is?
In AZ they don't give you your score, it comes from elses as Pass or Fail. Unless your friend passed along time ago... I don't know how he would know his score.

In AZ they don't give you your score, it comes from elses as Pass or Fail. Unless your friend passed along time ago... I don't know how he would know his score.
We only get percentages here in TN as well but you can pretty much estimate your score because the morning is all 8 questions in the five areas of civil and in the afternoon if one section has 9 questions & your percentage is 78% you know you got 7/9. It gets tricky with 50% & 100% scores but in the past others have posted their diagnostics on the board & you can figure out the breakdown with the help of their scores.

hey....for those that didn't pass THIS TIME!!!! It's not as life changing as you feel like it is when you get that letter. I took the test FOUR times, and in NC you have to wait a full year between the 3rd, and 4th attempt, so that adds even more torture to the equation, BUT....I did stick with it, and now have the certificate hanging on the wall, and a BIG new title under my name!!!! It's just part of the journey!
If any of you need help, study materials, encouragement....feel free to PM me, or post a new topic, everyone here on this site is VERY helpful, and willing!
Hi NCcarguy, i have failed second time, dont know what is the reason. I have the will to pass the exam. Do you have any suggestions for me.

Thanks

How did you 54 ???

I got one of the we regret letter myself. The letter did not kill me thus I hope it makes me stronger to pass the Const. Depth. in Oct. It's my mistake I left the sample test at home for the AM portion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have any suggestions for me.
I passed on my 4th attempt. There are a lot of threads on this board giving a lot of good suggestions. You really have to evaluate YOUR situation and tailor your strategy for YOU. some basic things to work on might be organization and familiarization wtih references and strenghtening your ability in weaker areas. Also, do lots of practice problems. I thought that reading the material and learning it would give me enough knowledge, but it takes practice on working problems. You absolutely have the right attitude. Good luck and hang around here for encouragement and support.

Just a suggestion. I hate to see the word "failed"....Can we change the title to "Who is gong to pass it next October?"

Sorry...I try to be postive even when the dark clouds loom above.

How did you 54 ???

I got one of the we regret letter myself. The letter did not kill me thus I hope it makes me stronger to pass the Const. Depth. in Oct. It's my mistake I left the sample test at home for the AM portion.
He said he passed with a 56 out of 80 (70%). If you scored a 68 and failed that means you scored a 54 out of 80 (68%).

Failed my second try (EE Power). ****! Time to start studying.

How did you 54 ???

I passed Const Depth, my main suggestion: be very very good at the AM, and do as many practice problems for the PM. PM is just so broad, you need to have a good AM score to push you over the edge.

Failed my second try (EE Power). ****! Time to start studying.

KEG hang in there. I was pretty sure I was going to have another go in Oct (well I was thinking of waiting till April, possible new format, but thats another thread). You know where to go for help those guys in Electrical are GREAT power resources and between them have it all covered, don't be bashful. There is no shortage of unbridled enthusiasm and support on this Board.

You are going to get my very first "If I can do it, YOU can"

John

Back