who failed??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you that failed, do they a)give you your score so that you know how close you were, and b)give you any kind of info on what topics you were weakest in?

For those of you that failed, do they a)give you your score so that you know how close you were, and b)give you any kind of info on what topics you were weakest in?
My good friend here in CO failed his attempt. They sent him a diagnostic report showing how he performed in each specific area. I don't know if he calculated his actual socre based on that report, but is still a good tool as far as which areas need to be focused on for the next attempt.

Texas gives scores pass or fail....so I know I barely missed it. It's good to know that I will get a more info about how I did in each area.

Failed - 68

I can't believe it. I'm pretty bummed right now, but I've already registered for the next exam on October 24th.

I put in quite a bit of time studying for the April exam and felt like I would be in good shape. I think I may have had too many references.

Time to start hitting the books again and get better prepared for the next exam!

Congrats to all who passed!

Good luck next time folks. Rest assured you are not alone. Many people just miss it. I know it's frustrating.

I can't believe it. I'm pretty bummed right now, but I've already registered for the next exam on October 24th.
I know the feeling. It took me more than once and more than twice. You at least think you have an idea of what you need to improve. Part of the battle is organization and familiarity with references. Good luck, and hang around here for encouragement and tech help.

hey....for those that didn't pass THIS TIME!!!! It's not as life changing as you feel like it is when you get that letter. I took the test FOUR times, and in NC you have to wait a full year between the 3rd, and 4th attempt, so that adds even more torture to the equation, BUT....I did stick with it, and now have the certificate hanging on the wall, and a BIG new title under my name!!!! It's just part of the journey!

If any of you need help, study materials, encouragement....feel free to PM me, or post a new topic, everyone here on this site is VERY helpful, and willing!

Last edited by a moderator:
NCcarGuy - thanks for putting your example out there. I didn't pass on my third try (April 2008) in the EE - Power discipline. Now I'm waiting to see what it takes to go for October. I really thought the 3rd time was the charm, but then again, I don't like to be superstitious. I guess, when it's all over, no one will ask how many times did it take you to become a PE.

I am not proud to say it but "I failed" the email came a couple of days ago. I am trying to decide wether or not to try again or just go into project management. I even took a Testmasters course and tried so hard.

I am not proud to say it but "I failed" the email came a couple of days ago. I am trying to decide wether or not to try again or just go into project management. I even took a Testmasters course and tried so hard.
I say don't give up and keep trying or at least that is what I keeping telling myself as well. I have taken the PE multiple times but I am going to continue until I pass. I have taken a course as well but I seem to be just below the pass line. Hang in there failing isn't the end of the world.

I took the PE exam 4 times. I don't think I failed at all. I was unsuccessful on the 1st 3 attempts. Keep going and never give up.

Nothing is over until WE SAY IT IS. Was it over when the Germans bombed pearl harbor?

OK....now this is a good example of HOW you could fail the test!!!!! Pay attention to DETAILS, and your ENEMY! too funny!

DO NOT make a determination on whether or not you're going to take the test again for a couple of weeks....you probably ARE...you just don't feel like it right after getting that letter.....it's STILL worth it in the end! Each failure makes the one where you get the pass letter that much more special!

NCcarguy and I are both in the 4-time PE club. Don't give up. We're here for you. Don't give up. Don't give up. Don't give up. Don't give up. Don't give up. Don't give up. Don't give up. Don't give up.

Just think of it as a start on your NCEES pencil collection and hope you only get one more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh...that was it...it took me 2 NCEES pencils this time. That's why I barely missed (a friend got mad at me for calling it failing BTW...). I got to keep both pencils.

Back