Which is a good crossover/SUV (V6) with price < $18k and odometer < 50k?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair, that picture was a day or two later.  The city was still basically shut down, but the road did look like this the day before, with kids sledding down it.  

HobZnoBNZxr6blPt4pRz-vzH6cI6yLGd-H3D0XBntRn2DQ7mG2NskTDsmePNt_E1S6Xacv6vbSJ6qAAH3Cf1-mA95zaeLTuvFT05YcXrPrxUQBW-4TsjwfTklae9jws1oZT6a9VLRZ257FNXIBLo5MhEsyO5xU9IZzb9uIMm3pUDoes72lUah6NLY-YxfhhEYaiDK3EZFX9PLsbL90yFr8tCmDtYo3Bq4l9dZcFOC23HZsrAYS3hQyZ9TvUcV7gbyTuTgxZw5onO8YFeDCl5rM1oAd1OFxArJQdO6x-djT44FoDmJPZC9_yvuBh0Ftu-iaUigeGNnltPDb_uYSWImnAZXxGAI6cskyUJJ4N-37eenQ3W_N535a0W_tZ_n8hDJzBlsnk8TmwHM65CH9H-cqM3_qwvGf4IzwhRavbiUwOFA4zgfwMjXNFfRWBBbKh0n4hSKMhCK97enVTHm7yi07IbDTPrpmvVR1KyYw3D5l-Y6xf4tomcYyzUAPQ4S1_BCLvENPzBDFoUAiHnG_iSVvIGeBMwc2wfPjyMjlio74cR7UwmkVvdWZljnI2_czQSodzGeapzukv4Cu6grG33-YCzDqtzDkZg=w1319-h989-no

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 2:27 PM, DuckFlats said: We have three in Florida...Hellishly Hot, Hot, and Kinda Hot. The only winter relief I get is when I stick my head in the freezer.
Florida is not hot, by comparison to where I lived before. The average summer temperature was 104 and often touched 114-118 during peak summer. Unbelievably, the 118 of dry summer was bearable compared to the 100 during rains that followed summer.
I guess that depends how you define "hot". I think of it as a combination of heat a humidity...walking out the door at 6am and sweating.

I guess that depends how you define "hot". I think of it as a combination of heat a humidity...walking out the door at 6am and sweating.
There's no disagreement then! That's exactly what I said, that 100 during rains (heat + humidity) was worse than 118 dry heat. However, Florida is much much nicer (as in a place). I'm actually working on getting a PE license in FL by year's end by reciprocity.

Hey now...most of us drove Hiluxes when I was overseas. Every one of us would have brought one home if we could. Practical as could be, fun to drive, could take a serious beating and a 4-cyl diesel that wouldn't quit. The speed limit on the base was only 25mph so it's hard to say how good the mileage was, but we used them every day and had to fill them up about once a month. 

We just bought a 2013 Explorer Limited 4wd and love it.  A bit bigger than the Highlander and much more confortable.  Yea we only get 19mpg, but its a good compromise between the uncomfortable/weird Highlander hybrid and the enormous/gas guzzling Armada.

Back