Which is a good crossover/SUV (V6) with price < $18k and odometer < 50k?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That being said my 180k mile jeeps had the 4.0 in line 6. My new jeep has a V-6. :(

Are the Wranglers cold to drive in the winter?  I'm wondering if it would be a bad choice for commuting at 40 below.

I think the hard tops are decent- but we did notice on a trip to the mtns @ -1 degree this winter the back seat passengers mention they were a little uncomfortable. Bu we were fine in the front seats..

We jus had to endure with being "too hot" so that we could push warm air to the rear seats

Not sure what type of weak snow you get in NE but those little cross over SUVs don't fly in CO;)
How's this for snow?   :D

16380704241_898dbecee7_z.jpg

13999295455_e86d41eff9_z.jpg

I'm not a fan of SUVs, I rather buy a 4wd truck.  That said, if I had to get an SUV it would prob be a jeep.  

(Just busting your balls about the NE snow). I'm sure you get a respectable amount

A Jeep is not an SUV, a Jeep is a Jeep, but a Cherokee, Comanche, liberty, etc, are not Jeep's

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice try, Canada doesn't count...

I did not take my previous picture but I have been to where that picture was taken several times, actually headed there tomorrow!

(Just busting your balls about the NE snow). I'm sure you get a respectable amount

A Jeep is not an SUV, a Jeep is a Jeep, but a Cherokee, Comanche, liberty, etc, are not Jeep's
I was thinking Cherokee 

I'd love to get a Wrangler, but I'm thinking I will regret not getting a pickup, so I can actualyl carry things. Maybe an old used Jeep next year....  There was a 1988 model for sale on Post last week with only 186,000 miles on it....

Just for fun- this pic was taken today (May 14) and that's my jeep.. Not that I needed 4WD today.. -well not on this road.......

516ac26d07b1cfff8b11f721f11c658b.jpg

you can keep the snow.  We had lots of sun on Sat. It was on the chilly side - 60s but we managed to get a of yard work done.  Took the convertible for a ride with the top down yesterday.

I went on a ride in my convertible with the top down as well! @10,000'!!!!

(For about an hour and then I put the top back on).

Back