Where are you at in your mortgage?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mevans154

Project Manager
Reaction score
With all the buzz about rising mortgage interest rates, I thought it would be interesting to see where people are at in their existing mortgage.

Questions:

1. What is your mortgage's current interest rate?

2. How much time do you have left on your mortgage?

3. How old will you be when your mortgage is paid off?

For me:

1. 2.24%

2. 5 months (November 2013)

3. Age 45

Last edited by a moderator:
1. 3.875%

2. + - 28 yrs...

3. 55, but realistically, I will be able to pay it off well before then

1. 4.25% (I'll have to check this <_< )
  2. ~22 yrs
  3. 68, hopefully retired. Its unlikely we'd remain in this home for the duration however...

1. 4.2%

2. ~Longer than I care to think about

3. ~Will be long gone before it gets paid off.

1. 5%

2. 4 years

3. 39 if I don't sell or pay it off early.

I know I'm paying a higher rate than is available now, but I'm only paying about $120/mo in interest and the costs to refinance would probably outweigh the savings in interest.

1. 3.875%

2. + - 28 yrs...

3. 55, but realistically, I will be able to pay it off well before then

+1. Except my house is probably half the size of Supe's and my mortgage twice as much (CA vs. NC).

3.375%

19 years

We refinanced last year to a 20 year mortgage and kept the same payment we had on our 30 year mortgage. I don't have a whole lot of motivation to pay it off early because of the low rate, but it's always a possibility. The good thing is if we stay there we would be done paying before the kids finished college, so that would give us a lot of freedom once they get through and moved out.

I don't currently have a mortgage but I hope to buy a house within the next couple of years if I can get my act together and settle down somewhere.

I am screwed.

Let me say that I will probably not be alive to say the house is mine. At least it will be paid off for the family the after I leave.

1. 3% (refinanced at the end of 2012 for 15 years, took out some money to pay off a rental property)
2. 14.5 years, but will pay off in ~ 10 years since we continue to pay the same amount as we used to.
3. Age 51

1. 4.2%

2. 13 yrs in theory, but we've been paying extra principle to pay it off early.

3. 40 in theory. I doubt that I'll be in the same house in 13 yrs, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ You're hoping to be married within the next two months? ;)

3.60% after a refinance last year from 5.05%

29 years (will most likely have it paid off in half that time)

62 years old if not paid off early

Back