What occupation do engineers marry?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What does your spouse do?

• Engineer

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Nurse

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Teacher

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Other (expound below)

Votes: 19 43.2%

• Total voters
I really need to post a detail from a set of plans I received recently. It took a real pervert to come up with one of the sheets.

I still think structural and plumbing are the best disciplines for double entendre terms.

^I think you're right. The only good electrical term that comes to mind is the term I usually hear for a motor termination box.

I really need to post a detail from a set of plans I received recently. It took a real pervert to come up with one of the sheets.

I still think structural and plumbing are the best disciplines for double entendre terms.
You'd be surprised at how many Welding Engineering has. Between all the references to rods, stick, grooves, penetration, positions, etc...

You'd be surprised at how many Welding Engineering has. Between all the references to rods, stick, grooves, penetration, positions, etc...
FULL PENETRATION BUTT WELD!

*Edit* sorry I got excited - that's the only welding term I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to the ex wife bailing, I'm stuck erecting my own structural member these days.
That really sucks. Best of luck with your next RFP; hoperfully you will be able to land a longer term consulting agreement.

Well, I went through college with 3 other guys and now 3 out of the 4 of us are married to teachers. My boss was married to a teacher also so I'm pretty sure that settles this debate :)

^^^I know a PA who's pretty cute. He worked for my old doctor before he retired...don't know where he works now.

Haha. That's assuming my sister ever makes it into and thru PA school. At that point I'll send her a bill for $300 for the last month of rent she never paid.

That's a big IF. PA school isn't easy (nor should it be). One of my co-worker's daughters is a PA and he was always talking about what she was doing in school. In an orthopedic rotation she got to use a DeWalt to put screws in someone's bones.

I think her starting salary offers were in the 80k to 90k range, plus a lot of help with paying off loans.

And Krak, you should jump right on envirotex's friend. . a single guy. . in TEXAS!

Oh yeah, Envirotex, hook me up! Lol. Feel free to show any eligible guys my pic. I trust your opinion.

MP, She is taking Organic Chem for the 3rd time I think. She needs to pass it if she hopes to graduate in December. I've never taken Organic Chem, but I also never had to repeat a class either. Just sayin'.

O Chem is my arch-nemisis. It's part of the reason I ended up as a Civil Engineer instead of Chemical. After getting a 35% on the final, I figured it was time to move on...

^ I've heard horror stories about O. chem from LadyFox and my other enviro friends. Never had to take it myself...

Its not horrible...just lots of memorization. Had to take a year of organic chem and organic lab....the lab part sucked because they were like 4hr chunks so they took a whole afternoon or morning.

Back