What occupation do engineers marry?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What does your spouse do?

• Engineer

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Nurse

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Teacher

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Other (expound below)

Votes: 19 43.2%

• Total voters
This was some good funny. Leave it to Krak to inject some life into this thread!

I love a good taco, just not when there is too much cheese on it or salsa oozing out.

I didn't even eat dinner last night. Zonked out in front of a ballgame and woke up in the middle of the night. New job plus 3 days in the field in 90+ heat will tire you out.

As long as we're on food - I went hiking with a group today. When lunchtime came around, people looked at me like I had 3 ears. I grabbed a couple of those packages of tuna in the zip lock bag, and a can of chicken with a pull top, and ate it on crackers, along with trail mix and craisins. For water I walked over to a nearby stream and disinfected it myself with my UV lamp. For cryin' out loud people, don't bring sandwiches with cheese and mayo and meat on them on a hot day. I'm thinking I need to find a more vigorous and experienced hiking club. Nice folks though, just clueless, half of them can't read trail blazes.

I love a good taco, just not when there is too much cheese on it or salsa oozing out.

I didn't even eat dinner last night. Zonked out in front of a ballgame and woke up in the middle of the night. New job plus 3 days in the field in 90+ heat will tire you out.

As long as we're on food - I went hiking with a group today. When lunchtime came around, people looked at me like I had 3 ears. I grabbed a couple of those packages of tuna in the zip lock bag, and a can of chicken with a pull top, and ate it on crackers, along with trail mix and craisins. For water I walked over to a nearby stream and disinfected it myself with my UV lamp. For cryin' out loud people, don't bring sandwiches with cheese and mayo and meat on them on a hot day. I'm thinking I need to find a more vigorous and experienced hiking club. Nice folks though, just clueless, half of them can't read trail blazes.
#notthelunchthread

"Hiked" up, over, and around some sand dunes to get to lake Michigan on Sat. I think I'd much rather enjoy rocks. No traction on sand makes for a very difficult climb.

^Where was that? I did a mile hike at Ludington State Park through the sand with hiking boots on and man did that suck.

I was fortunate enough to marry someone who is both a:

1) Licensed Mental Health Counselor

2) Certified Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor

Tell me that's not the bee's knees for an Engineer, huh?! What with all the idiots I deal with everyday forcing me to hit the bottle by 9am...this is perfect!

Seems to me there'd always be constant conflict. You hitting the bottle daily and your wife trying to counsel you out of it.

Back