What occupation do engineers marry?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What does your spouse do?

• Engineer

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Nurse

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Teacher

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Other (expound below)

Votes: 19 43.2%

• Total voters
Not married, but my Girlfriend of 5+ years is in Nursing School currently. She was a Psych Major at U of O, and is very artistic compared to me, that is part of the reason we fit together well.

But now that she is getting a science education she understands me more when I explain that I had little time for fun in college like she did.

My wife's degree is Child Life Therapy - which is a degree for people who want to counsel children in hospitals - prep for procedures and with long term/terminal illness. It's in the early childhood education department...

She ended up working for a few years in (she hates this term...) daycare, working with infants and toddlers. Once we started a family - she's stayed at home, and often wonders about returning to school to go after an OT degree.

I clicked other - she started in a "medical" field, but more in education???

Last edited by a moderator:
I married a Forensic Scientist. It's not as glamorous as television makes it out to be.

She got a degree in Forensic Chemistry from Ole Miss. Luckily, she had zero sports affiliation when we met, or else it would have never worked out. However, she wears the MSU stuff to the games, and knows the players on the team that a girl is supposed to know.

My boyfriend, who is going to ask me to marry him any minute, is a technologist at the railroad. He's tall and handsome and he rides bikes and likes long walks on beaches.

My wife has a business undergrad degree and her MBA and is VP of Administration for a tourism company.

My boyfriend, who is going to ask me to marry him any minute, is a technologist at the railroad. He's tall and handsome and he rides bikes and likes long walks on beaches.
Well, hopefully you're right and he does ask for your hand soon.... afterall, you make him sound soooo dreamyyy :sigh:

I married an accountant.

This is good because I suck with money!!!

My husbands a teacher. and most of the guys i work with aren't married or their wives are SAHMs. (well a couple are older and retired i guess)

at the time I proposed we were both in college, she worked at Cracker Barrell as a waitress and I worked at Ruby Tuesdays :D

My husband does wildfire mitigation. He runs around the woods with a chainsaw all day...and he's from texas.
Hawt!

My first husband was a carpenter. The second one was a computer programmer/analyst.

My current (and last ! I swear !) is a mechanic. He is in charge of all the vehicle maintenance for the City here.

My wife has a psych. degree(with a 4.0) and is a Stay-At-Home-Almost-Mom... Right now, she watches two little ones most days... Not looking for a job, and not intending to anytime soon (which I'm fine with 99.9% of the time)...

Of the relationships I see daily/semi-daily/etc....

My parents were: A Banker (loan officer, branch manager,etc) and teacher (5-6th grade for 20 yrs, now 7th for the last 10, no sign of retiring anytime soon)

My Brother and his wife: both were comp. sci. majors and they both work in the same office, and have at times worked in the same cubicle, married 13yrs or so...

My in-laws: retired-Coal miner and stay-at-home mom (one of the more dysfunctional relations I've seen... but I think that's mostly a stereotypical coal miner "I risk my life everyday, you must bow to my every whim and desire" issue there)

In the office, we have 2 engineer-nurse combos, and #3 is on the way(they just got engaged, wedding planned next April)... we had a engineer-art professor combo for awhile, but they divorced... I'm not sure what my boss's wife did before she started her fight with cancer...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hawt!
My first husband was a carpenter. The second one was a computer programmer/analyst.

My current (and last ! I swear !) is a mechanic. He is in charge of all the vehicle maintenance for the City here.
Some of his handiwork?

redneck_car_lock.jpg

RedneckCarAirConditioner.jpg

redneck-car-jack.jpg

Being as you're from MS and all. We all know we're a bunch of inbred ignorant hicks. Whatever it takes to keep the yankees out.

The ex-Mrs. JR is a nurse ... at one time the Supreme Allied Commander of Nurses at a long term care facility.

Sweet!!! I hope he asks you very soon! If he needs some prompting ... the gentlemen of of EB.com would be willing to offer some nudging. :D

at the time I proposed we were both in college, she worked at Cracker Barrell as a waitress and I worked at Ruby Tuesdays :D
How did you guys manage coordinating your flair? :eek:hmy:

My current (and last ! I swear !) ....
:eek:rlyflag:

JR

Back