What now? Finishing the process in Texas

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my License number today from TX. My stamp is already on order. They said the official certificate comes in a couple weeks.

Waiting on the conversation with the boss........
You are acting fast, thumb up
Yeah, I kind of had to get going on the stamp because the TX board requires you stamp a document for them before you can do anything. You also only have 60 days to do so. It will be nice to get it in the mail next week.
oh, really?! I don't know that part. I need to work on it next week after the holiday.
seems I am going to be babysitted by EB forum through every aspect of getting my license :)

In Texas you have to send the state a wallet sized photo of yourself and a sample of the mark(s) of your stamp(s)/seal(s) and signature. I imagine this is for records so that they could theoretically identify a forgery. And, yes, there is a 60 day time limit. I've been reading select parts of the law. I've posted a link below. I think there will be detailed instructions in the packet with your certificate that should be coming in the mail in the next week or two. Maybe they're already in the mail. I'm going to try to get my stamp ordered today.

http://engineers.texas.gov/downloads/law_rules_122512.pdf

I knew I should've got the self inking one. I was thinking the stamp pad will be good for changing colors or what not. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully it gets delivered next week.
And some times, the state code goes so far as to mandate what color ink you use. Generally black or blue are acceptable.

I used engineerseals.com
:plusone:

could someone post on here when you receive your "packet" from the board in the mail? That would be pretty helpful for me. I assume this contains a pocket card, certificate, and other useful information. I am on an assignment out of state and it would be nice to know when to be expecting it so I can get it forwarded my way as I will likely be out of state for a couple of months. Thanks in advance

what's the rush of getting a stamp? :) I am more wanting to get the certificate so I can framed it with the pencils

what's the rush of getting a stamp? :) I am more wanting to get the certificate so I can framed it with the pencils
You might be kidding and in that case, the rush is so that I can stamp everything in sight.... the loft beds I built for my kids, the home theater wiring, the cat, etc.

Seriously though... in Texas we have 60 days to send the state and imprint of our seal. It's already day 7.

You might be kidding and in that case, the rush is so that I can stamp everything in sight.... the loft beds I built for my kids, the home theater wiring, the cat, etc.Seriously though... in Texas we have 60 days to send the state and imprint of our seal. It's already day 7.
good point :) , I mean the stamp everything part

Last edited by a moderator:
You might be kidding and in that case, the rush is so that I can stamp everything in sight.... the loft beds I built for my kids, the home theater wiring, the cat, etc.Seriously though... in Texas we have 60 days to send the state and imprint of our seal. It's already day 7.
good point :) , I mean the stamp everything part
Is there any restriction in the rules about stamping things like that? Will the board get irritated if I stamp my Christmas cards? :)

I thought that was only me that went home and stamped my little heart out. I stamped all the available paper at my house and then had a shredding party! fun stuff

As a matter of fact, review your state statues on use of the stamp!!! As much fun as it is to stamp everything in sight the first few days that you get your new stamp, there are rules on what can and cannot be stamped. Practicing it at home and then shredding becomes no problem, because whatever you stamped is shredded at the end of the night. However, read your state rules, use of the PE stamp is governed by laws in many jurisdictions.

You sure don't want to risk losing the stamp to some act of buffoonery-- in today's world, that might just happen. Just a point to consider.

Anyone any ideas on when we can expect to receive the certificate and pocket card?

what are the dimensions of the cert? I'm not big into framing tons of stuff, but I figure this is a big enough accomplishment to merit one...curious as to what size frame I would need.

Back