What now? Finishing the process in Texas

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember paying a $100 administrative fee, and a $250 fee for the exam. But they were both lumped together into the NCEES system.

@pe2b I haven't paid it yet. I am going to wait until they fix their issue. They said they hope to have it up by today or tommorow. I think once it's paid online the process is automated from there. It automatically notifies your reviewer that the application is complete, and from there they issue a license #.
I was thinking we pay flat rate everywhere in this country. It turned out we are charged way more than other states, WTH

Weird. The "next steps" link on NCEES that forwards you to your grades on the TBPE site says:

"I passed the PE Exam. What is the next step? How do I get my seal?

We will mail an approval package to you in the next few weeks. This package will include the approval letter, seal imprint form and instructions and PE license certificate.

To speed up the process of obtaining your seal, we will also send you a seal imprint form and seal vendor instructions via email. Send in the completed seal imprint form to us after getting your seal made per the seal vendor instructions. "

I would have just waited for this to come in the mail... Now I'm confused... try to log in or what? You guys tell me if you have luck logging into the TBPE site to pay your fee.

I called the board. They said this fee must be paid before any license number is issued. They also mentioned they are having problems with the online system that provides the portal for this to be paid..
did you guys in TX also have to pay an application fee to your state board when you applied to sit for the exam? in WA we only had a $65 fee upfront which covers application, license, and certificate. all i have to do now is wait for my license # and certificate to be issued.
Yes, it is $250 to apply for eligibility only...
is that purely to your state board and just for application? if so that's nuts. in WA we had a $65 application fee and a $350 (Mechanical) fee to NCEES to take the exam. that's it.

alright guys... the 'payment portal' is up and ready for everyone to throw down their $200.

How do you log in? It looked like to me that you need a registry number to log in.

I just logged in through the same portal I would use to check the status of my application

I called the board. They said this fee must be paid before any license number is issued. They also mentioned they are having problems with the online system that provides the portal for this to be paid..
did you guys in TX also have to pay an application fee to your state board when you applied to sit for the exam? in WA we only had a $65 fee upfront which covers application, license, and certificate. all i have to do now is wait for my license # and certificate to be issued.
Yes, it is $250 to apply for eligibility only...
is that purely to your state board and just for application? if so that's nuts. in WA we had a $65 application fee and a $350 (Mechanical) fee to NCEES to take the exam. that's it.
Yep, purely to texas pe board, just for approval for exam, and then $350 to NCEES. I have to say, man, it is so expensive to take a PE exam. according to my last conversion with my department, I may receive one reimbursement in case I pass.
I didn't give much thought to the $250 state fee, but now I totally agree with you... that's nuts..

Just paid!

Let's get this party on the road :party-smiley-048:
I only saw my PE number is granted, but my criminal record check is not received. I didn't see the payment...
http://engineers.texas.gov/status
try this link. it should ask for some details and say something like click a link to pay b4 review or so
weird, I went to this site, and then put in my last name, DOB and social, click login, and then I logged in. It said, our system indicates that your PE license was successfully issued and that your PE number is 123456. Please log in to ECHO to manage your license...

Below that is logout.

The problem is, I cannot log in ECHO...and cannot register

@wheretostart, did u apply after Jan 1 2014? this may have to do with the fingerprinting and criminal record check things.

@wheretostart, did u apply after Jan 1 2014? this may have to do with the fingerprinting and criminal record check things.
I guess I am in different situation from you guys. I originally applied for approval in 2012, but ended up taking the exam this year. Maybe I need to call the board...

I applied in 2012 but it gave me a statement with info about getting my fingerprints done. I think we all may need to have it done no matter when we applied. Apparently renewals need to do it too so it doesn't appear there is any grandfathering.

Ncees "next steps" link forwards me to TBPE which tells me "I passed the PE Exam. What is the next step? How do I get my seal?

We will mail an approval package to you in the next few weeks. This package will include the approval letter, seal imprint form and instructions and PE license certificate.

To speed up the process of obtaining your seal, we will also send you a seal imprint form and seal vendor instructions via email. Send in the completed seal imprint form to us after getting your seal made per the seal vendor instructions. "

Back