What is the manliest thing you ever did?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With that siad, the manliest thing I've ever done is slip on the ice with a broken ankle in a walking boot from a smashmouth football game
I walked from the train station to the top row of Gillette Stadium in a blizzard on a broken foot 3 years ago. Stitches still in and everything. Managed not to dislocate anything else along the way though.

With that siad, the manliest thing I've ever done is slip on the ice with a broken ankle in a walking boot from a smashmouth football game
I walked from the train station to the top row of Gillette Stadium in a blizzard on a broken foot 3 years ago. Stitches still in and everything. Managed not to dislocate anything else along the way though.
Wuss.

Why didn't you take the escalator and then sit down by the fireplace before the game starts? Oh, I forgot, you're in the cheap seats.

Last edited by a moderator:
My problem is that they've been a good team for the last 10 years, have a large fan base, and sell out instantly. So I take it in the shorts and buy two tickets for the price of three.

I spend very little money on disposable, fun stuff. So it's worth it to me once a year. It's always a memorable experience for my wife and me and quality time spent together.

I had to put on one of my dad's old suits and be Mr. Edward Rochester from Jane Eyre for an english project in high school. Come to think about it I had to portray the dean's assisstant who was also a guy for another english project...sucks being the tallest in a group of girls.

Although it doesn't really compare to humner...

I went to an NFL playoff game 3 days after major cranial surgery. It was worth it to see the Broncos win their first playoff game since Elway, coupled with Tom Brady losing his first playoff game.

Although it doesn't really compare to humner...
I went to an NFL playoff game 3 days after major cranial surgery. It was worth it to see the Broncos win their first playoff game since Elway, coupled with Tom Brady losing his first playoff game.
They must have removed most of your brain if you rooted against the Pats. :chair:

I've always been a closet Broncos fan. My dad used to work for a firm based in the Denver area, went to a few games at the old Mile High, and brought me home loads of Broncos and Nuggets gear.

Back to the topic - the manliest thing I've ever done is weld underwater. Pretty fun, even though I completely suck at it.

diver2a.jpg

Major Highway said:
Held my wifes hand till her last breath and stayed strong for my sons.
Hard to imagine having to do that. Your sons have a great example.
Indeed they do. Extremely hard to imagine that. I was responding out to two separate fatal motor vehicle accidents this past week, both of which were in the area where my wife and my family drive... I was about to tear up just thinking about the possibility it was my wife or anyone in my family.

Back