What is the manliest thing you ever did?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I certainly did not think of this as a contest, I am moved. I just answered a question.

Humner, I don't think Fudgey intended it as a contest, either, but many of us were taken aback by your honest, simple answer. My sister was widowed in 2001, with two young children. I know some of the challenges she faced, but living through it is something else.

I appreciate your response. It was an eye-opener and a testament to the value of this board beyond technical support.

I am guessing Fudgey is looking for the stereotypical manly stuff so I will play.

I once blew up the motor on my motorcycle on the freeway, crashed, called a friend with a truck -somehow got the 450lb bike in the back, drove it home in time to take off with my buddies on a deer hunting trip.

Pretty stupid considering I am now positive I had a concussion and ended up with a couple of infected spots of road rash.

Held my wifes hand till her last breath and stayed strong for my sons.
I actually don't know anything that could top that!

The only thing I could think of was hitting a softball over the right fielders glove when I was 20, and when rounding second base felt the ball hit me in the left leg around my ankle, kept running until I scored an in-the park home run, but couldn't stand up when my teammates came out to congratulate me. When I told them that my leg hurt where the ball hit me, they all looked puzzled, the ball never hit me, I broke my leg in two places, and ran from second base to home. AND scored the game winning run!

I certainly did not think of this as a contest, I am moved. I just answered a question.
I think it was especially well timed, considering it's almost October. Good reminder to be vigilant about our health and to love those around us.
So while we are discussing awareness...

I just went to the boob-squisher to get a mammogram 2 weeks ago...how's that for manly? Everything was A-OK! :thumbs:

I'd like to see any man on this thread put his parts into the masher...

I think it was especially well timed, considering it's almost October. Good reminder to be vigilant about our health and to love those around us.

I just went to the boob-squisher to get a mammogram 2 weeks ago...how's that for manly? Everything was A-OK! :thumbs:

Our parts don't recover too well from being mashed...

Congrats on the A-OK though!

Last edited by a moderator:

pics or it didn't happen...

;)

This thread actually just made me remember another story I was witness to.

I was part of a group of guys hanging hanging out for the Bachelor Party of a mutual friend about 12 years ago. We all met at another friend's place for a bbq. We were all drinking and most of us were in our mid-twenties.

A touch football game broke out and soon someone came up injured, of course it was the Groom. He was holding his arm, but said he was fine, we ended the game BUT kept on drinking and after dark started our pub crawl.

By the time we made it to the first peeler joint, around midnight, I saw the grooms arm and I was very concerned about the swelling. He said it was fine. Fast forward a few hours---- we are all at a pancake house. Someone asks how his arm is doing, he takes off his jacket and we are all slack jawed, it didn't look so hot.

So we went to the Emergency room, he had broken his arm just above the elbow. Got married later that day with the cast on........his Bride wasn't pleased with any of the groomsmen.

Ahem. Not a man, but [redacted for TMI] and it feels like a vise grip sometimes. Far worse than anything done to the upper body feels. Oh, and I do this *daily*.

Manliest thing I've done? Probably getting lost in Seattle because I didn't stop and ask for directions.

/Oh, is that not what was meant?

very glad to hear that and the fact that you follow up with check ups

Ok so Humner is clearly the Chuck Norris of this thread so I offer this one for amusement only.

I have fired one of these:

Ord_m2_mounted_lance_lg.jpg

Your're a good man Gunga-Din!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's more impressive than going fishing (Fudgey). Is the dude in the photo really close to electrical lines, or is it the perspective?

Humner wins, as all have said. Sorry that you had to go through that.

With that siad, the manliest thing I've ever done is slip on the ice with a broken ankle in a walking boot from a smashmouth football game, dislocate my kneecap on the other leg, and have to bang my kneecap against the asphalt parking lot to get it back in place. Fun times.

Back