What color was the pencil?!?!?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White with blue text. Don't recall the capitalization, though it was dated. Never even thought to take the pencil with me, on account of the whole "if you try to take any information out with you we'll kill you and your whole family" attitude. Fortunately I don't thnk I'll be getting another chance to take a pencil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blue and all CAPS in CA. I thought putting the exam date was a nice touch too.

....and for Jregieng: The blue certainly had a calming effect on my mindset. I would have failed for sure if I had to wield a panic-inducing red pencil for eight hours.

I shall correct my earlier post. White pencil body, blue cap letters with the date, blue top and blue rubber finger grip.

a soothing White with Blue lettering - it is now my prized possession which i keep on my desk

NCEES letters in CAPS

This time the color of pencil was blue. Lucky for meee i passed this time:) I am keeping this one as an antique haha

Milwaukee, WI: White pencil body, blue cap letters with the date, blue top and blue rubber finger grip - I paid for that pencil dangit...so I took it with me!

White with blue lettering-- I was so unhappy by the time the exam was over... I left it behind. Although maybe the most expensive pencil I ever bought, I have no regrets that it only had an 8-hour life.

Back