WA State SE III

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the update. Did they mention if or when they will update the website? Does anybody know how soon after they mail results when they update the website?

Thanks and Good luck!

Thanks for the update. Did they mention if or when they will update the website? Does anybody know how soon after they mail results when they update the website?
Thanks and Good luck!
My officemate got his result on Saturday. He is a bridge guy and failed.

I am still waiting!!!! Hope to get the letter today. I dont think if they are updating their website. The Bellevue figure is still the same as 2 weeks ago.

The good news is the score is 21.5 this year.

Good luck!

kris kelvin,

Could you please explain to us why 21.5 is good news. Thanks.

I am also thinking of taking the WA SE III test this October or Next. Looks like there are two locations, East and West, in Seattle for the SE III test. Could you please let me know which location is closer to the Seattle airport? Thanks in advance.

Hope you have a good luck when you receive the results.

kris kelvin,
Could you please explain to us why 21.5 is good news. Thanks.

I am also thinking of taking the WA SE III test this October or Next. Looks like there are two locations, East and West, in Seattle for the SE III test. Could you please let me know which location is closer to the Seattle airport? Thanks in advance.

Hope you have a good luck when you receive the results.
hello whype,

it is my first time taking se 3- but i think traditonally they have cut score around 23 as i heard from my officemates. this year it is little lower.

i am kind of new here. as you mentioned there are 2 exam locastions: east washington and west washington. the airport is probably closer to the west washington exam site. west washington site is around the city of puyallup.

good luck,

Last edited by a moderator:
Puyallup is closer for sure (West) but it's not that close.

I passed, so I feel better. That test was hard.

Puyallup is closer for sure (West) but it's not that close.
I passed, so I feel better. That test was hard.

I've been contemplating buying the pca seismic design book for some time. Thanks for that tip.

I'd like to hear from some of you your thoughts on why the IBC Seismic Design Manuals were not enough to pass the SE III for the steel portions?

hello whype,
it is my first time taking se 3- but i think traditonally they have cut score around 23 as i heard from my officemates. this year it is little lower.

i am kind of new here. as you mentioned there are 2 exam locastions: east washington and west washington. the airport is probably closer to the west washington exam site. west washington site is around the city of puyallup.

good luck,
kris Kelvin,

Thanks a lot. Good luck while you are waiting for your results.

Congratulations to "akastud" for passing SE-III.

I passed the Washington SE3! Does anybody know what the requirements are for reciprocity to California?

In the past I have passed the Civil, SE1 and SE2. I am hoping I don't have to take any more exams.

I'm not sure if I have to take the California surveying and seismic exams.

I'm pretty sure I need to get 3 California SE references of which I only know one.

Thanks for the help.

Greg

I passed the Washington SE3! Does anybody know what the requirements are for reciprocity to California?In the past I have passed the Civil, SE1 and SE2. I am hoping I don't have to take any more exams.

I'm pretty sure I need to get 3 California SE references of which I only know one.

Thanks for the help.

Greg
Greg, congrats!!!

I am still waiting for my result. They probably have not updated my mailing address.

I passed the Washington SE3! Does anybody know what the requirements are for reciprocity to California?In the past I have passed the Civil, SE1 and SE2. I am hoping I don't have to take any more exams.

Thanks for the help.

Greg

Greg you do have to pass the surveying and seismic exams to get your California Civil, then you can apply for reciprocity to get your structural. You can also locate CA SE's in your area at http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/wllqryna...e_pgm_code=7500 who can "review" some of your work and "interview" you to provide references. Good luck, I have already started filling out the paperwork for my SE and it is no fun.

akastud

But if the cut score is lower, doesn't that mean the exam was harder? I think the raising and lowering of the cut score is to maintain the same level of difficulty so you've got just as good chance of passing as your office mates.

The state board has updated their website to reflect the endorsement of "structural" on my license. If anyone is still waiting for their results by mail you might be able to see if you passed by looking up your license. I can't guarantee they have done all the updates.

Best of luck!

The state board has updated their website to reflect the endorsement of "structural" on my license. If anyone is still waiting for their results by mail you might be able to see if you passed by looking up your license. I can't guarantee they have done all the updates.
Best of luck!
Mine was updated this morning as well.

Congratulations!

I don't know much about SEIII. If passed WA State SEIII, can you transfer to California?

Is WA SE III one exam or with building and bridge options like SEII.

Congratulations!

I don't know much about SEIII. If passed WA State SEIII, can you transfer to California?

Is WA SE III one exam or with building and bridge options like SEII.
I believe it is for buildings. I've got to get some kind of formal documentation on what's in the exam format and material references.

Looks like there are bridge contents as well.

But still not sure it is the same as California SE III.

I heard before it is called west coast structural exam?

I am taking this exam in October. I emailed the state of WA. They told me:

Each session (Morning and Afternoon) 3 problems are presented. 2 Building and 1 Bridge. You have to answer 2 of the questions.

Back