VIRGINIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I passed, per NCEES's website, but like everybody else I haven't seen anything on the website or a letter from DPOR. Does anyone know if I should hold off on changing my email signature to PE? I feel like this could be some sort of violation in that I'm not officially licensed by the state yet.
There seems to be all kinds of mixed feelings on this issue. Some say that we should wait for the DPOR to update, some say to wait on the letter, others seem ok with just the NCEES notification. My opinion is what does it hurt, you passed the PE exam, you are proud of yourself (as you should be), and that is a huge accomplishment. Obviously, you want people to know you have done such and changing your email signature is not stamping a drawing. In our state, you have to prove experience, education, etc. prior to being allowed to sit for the exam, so after passing the exam, it is simply a paperwork thing, no submitting for a license like I have seen from other states.

With that said, DPOR should get us in soon, I predict tomorrow, but who knows. Based on past exams, it has taken just over 2 weeks from release of exam scores to posting on DPOR. We are about there.

I have already ordered my business cards and stamp. I am trying very hard to hold off on the email signature, but it is tough! Instead, I have put no signature, because I refuse to say EIT anymore.
Sandman - How can we know the License Number? Is it the number in the DPOR registration?

Sandman - How can we know the License Number? Is it the number in the DPOR registration?
If you still have, take a look at the letter you received from the DPOR saying that you are approved to take the exam. The letter includes 10 digit number starting with 0402 (or 9 digit starting with 402) and the last 6 numbers will be your license number.

For the love of god, Virginia. I hate my job and need you to post my name so I can start sending out resumes.

29908. Only added 4, what gives?
Addition is by comity.

So frasutrating.....................
This really is frustrating. I am still stoked that I passed, but I want to see it.

I had big hopes for today [being the five one day and all (1-11-11)]. I've done all this waiting; couldn't wait to finish college (many years after high school), waiting to pass the FE, waiting for years of required experience, waiting for the PE results, now waiting on DPOR. After that, I get to wait to see if it all will provide the rewards, pay, responsibilities and promotion I am wanting. If not, then I guess I get to wait in HR of another company. Don't really want to do that wait, but whatever, it is what it is.

I am really not a fan of WAITING anymore!

i am starting to think we will get our snail mail notice before the DPOR license look up is updated...

There may be something to that idea. In the past, the License lookup update would stop the phone calls to see when results will be out. Now they do not have that problem since NCEES has released the results. With no constant calls and emails, they may take their time to update the website.

I am still thinking tomorrow will be the day.

No mail from DPOR as of this evening in Richmond.

Last edited by a moderator:
Figured it out, they want our Initial Certification Date to be 1-11-2011, that is why they put us in the system today, which means we will not see it to tomorrow.

Worth a shot..........

was DPOR even open today with the storm and delays?, Richmond usually gets more weather?

mabey tommorrow. I sure hope so. I am with Sandman, I am tired of all the waiting as well.

29,909 names on DPOR now. They added one more by comity. Can you imagine if Virginia hadn't changed to allow NCEES to inform us that we passed/failed. We would have still been glued to our monitors, F5 key, and compulsively checking our mailboxes. We are 75 days past the exam now.

C'mon DPOR, issue the license's already. It appears that even California has started to issue them.

Looks like they are sleeping and we have to wake them up by numerous emails and telephone calls.

Looks like they are sleeping and we have to wake them up by numerous emails and telephone calls.
I agree completely. I also may stand corrected on my California statement, it appears they are starting to recieve letters in the mail, but not the license look up stuff.

I'll send my email to DPOR this morning, I encourage others as well. They have had the results for a week, doesn't seem hard to me to update the database. I mean really, what are we talking, 150 new PE's (It was 140 from October 2009 test)? How does this take so long?

Back