VIRGINIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DPOR's license lookup has gone down for its daily update and unavailable period. Maybe they add new names today, who knows?

Guess we shall know in an hour or two. I'm fine with next week, I just know I will feel 'Official' when I see it there.

does anybody know if your EIT license number will be your PE license number...i was able to find my EIT license number from years ago by using the license lookup detailed by someone on this thread earlier but not sure if that number carries over...

congrats to all that passed

DPOR's license lookup has gone down for its daily update and unavailable period. Maybe they add new names today, who knows?
Guess we shall know in an hour or two. I'm fine with next week, I just know I will feel 'Official' when I see it there.
DPOR website is back on and shows 2 more, total of 29904. My name is not there yet.

DPOR website is back on and shows 2 more, total of 29904. My name is not there yet.
We'll be added by next Tuesday.

nothing in online services or DPOR look up. Hopefully on Monday. I know I passed, but I really want the closure of seeing my name onthe website. why does it take so long....uggghhhh

It just blows my mind how long it is taking to update DPOR information and send letter. NCEES issued the result on December 28th. That means it is almost TWO weeks!! I am just wondering if we haven't had NCEES notifying the result, would we have been waiting same time frame to know Pass/Fail?

I am really reluctant to inform office that "I passed But I am waiting for DPOR letter or website to confirm this."

I passed, per NCEES's website, but like everybody else I haven't seen anything on the website or a letter from DPOR. Does anyone know if I should hold off on changing my email signature to PE? I feel like this could be some sort of violation in that I'm not officially licensed by the state yet.

I passed, per NCEES's website, but like everybody else I haven't seen anything on the website or a letter from DPOR. Does anyone know if I should hold off on changing my email signature to PE? I feel like this could be some sort of violation in that I'm not officially licensed by the state yet.

Based onn the email I recived from DPOR, that the NCEES results are official. I did change my email signature. However, I showed my boss my NCEES letter and asked permission to change it. I would think if you do that you will be fine. DPOR said they will be updating the site this week. I am unsure why it is taking so long other than the fact that mabey someone has been on vacation or out of the office. DPOR is a state agency and only one person can or does this job.

There seems to be all kinds of mixed feelings on this issue. Some say that we should wait for the DPOR to update, some say to wait on the letter, others seem ok with just the NCEES notification. My opinion is what does it hurt, you passed the PE exam, you are proud of yourself (as you should be), and that is a huge accomplishment. Obviously, you want people to know you have done such and changing your email signature is not stamping a drawing. In our state, you have to prove experience, education, etc. prior to being allowed to sit for the exam, so after passing the exam, it is simply a paperwork thing, no submitting for a license like I have seen from other states.

With that said, DPOR should get us in soon, I predict tomorrow, but who knows. Based on past exams, it has taken just over 2 weeks from release of exam scores to posting on DPOR. We are about there.

I have already ordered my business cards and stamp. I am trying very hard to hold off on the email signature, but it is tough! Instead, I have put no signature, because I refuse to say EIT anymore.

Waiting for the update on the DPOR website is much less stressful and we know that we passed the exam. So let's just relax and enjoy this pre-PE-ness at this point. Our names will eventually show up sometime this week, i believe, and we will get the official letter/certificate soon.

BTW, did you guys pick the type and color for your stamp yet?

well said Sandman. However, I could not wait to change my email...LOL I took the mechanical-TF, which section did you take?

Last edited by a moderator:
well said Sandman. However, I could not wait to change my email...LOL I took the mechanical-TF, which section did you take?
I took the HVAC & Refrigeration. I'm still stoked that I passed, can't wait for my annual review later this month.

I took the HVAC & Refrigeration. I'm still stoked that I passed, can't wait for my annual review later this month.

cool, I will probably have to wait until the fall to see any change. My review is not until October. I am still stoked though. This was my third try. I am so glad to be done with this.

Anybody talked to DPOR? Just interested in knowing when we will be in their system. I think somebody had said their system does not have to go down to input the new names and that it has happened in the afternoon before as well as in the morning, but all at once either way.

Anybody talked to DPOR? Just interested in knowing when we will be in their system. I think somebody had said their system does not have to go down to input the new names and that it has happened in the afternoon before as well as in the morning, but all at once either way.
Okay, so after posting this, I emailed DPOR. Got a boiler plate response in almost exaclty one minute:

My email: Good afternoon, as a recent examinee for the professional engineering exam given in October, I was pleased to be notified by NCEES that I passed last Wednesday. I was interested in knowing if there is any further action needed on my part at this time? Also, if no action on my part is needed, am I officially a PE now? When might I be able to find myself using the license lookup tool on the DPOR site?

DPOR Response: Good afternoon.

We anticipate the certification of the received grades and mailing out the results in about a week to 10 days. The same would be true of license information showing up on the website.

So, I didn't learn anything.

Okay, so after posting this, I emailed DPOR. Got a boiler plate response in almost exaclty one minute:

My email: Good afternoon, as a recent examinee for the professional engineering exam given in October, I was pleased to be notified by NCEES that I passed last Wednesday. I was interested in knowing if there is any further action needed on my part at this time? Also, if no action on my part is needed, am I officially a PE now? When might I be able to find myself using the license lookup tool on the DPOR site?

We anticipate the certification of the received grades and mailing out the results in about a week to 10 days. The same would be true of license information showing up on the website.

Thanks for the update. At least we know that they are working.. or will be working on it. :)

I had similar response last week. They mentioned that the letter should be out next week (i.e. this week) and will be posted next week (i.e. this week).

Looks like they have standard format of answer saying everytime 'next week'.

I had similar response last week. They mentioned that the letter should be out next week (i.e. this week) and will be posted next week (i.e. this week).

Looks like they have standard format of answer saying everytime 'next week'.
I should try that, just start answering all responses with time frame of 'week to 10 days'. Something tells me it would not be greatly appreciated.

I find it frustrating for the the entire process from beginning to end. My guess, none of them have had to endure the process, therefore, any questions are annoying.

Back