VIRGINIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am hoping for Thurs or Fri, but if I were a betting man I would have to put my money on next Monday.

I have been trying to figure out how we will receive our results. This was my last email I got from EES last night.

me:

I would like some clarification on how the result from the OCT 2010 PE exam will be released. I have read that PCS will have them posted on the NCEES website after VA approves them. Emails from DPOR have stated that no results will be on the NCEES website.

Could you please clarify?

PCS:

They will be release via NCEES web site. Hopefully this week. You will be notified when they are ready to be viewed.

It is good to hear that the will be accessed online, but I dont like the "Hopefully this week" comment.

Just another day of painful waiting... hope we all get our results before day 70..

1 more license issued in the Old Domminion...
I can't believe I made it past 10 o'clock before checking for results the first time today. I must be getting better at this waiting thing.

Looks like the one they added was another by comity out of state, sure would be nice to see those of us from Virginia start to get added. At least it lets me know somebody was working yesterday.

Anybody called PCS, DPOR, NCEES, or any other organization that might know anything about us seeing some results. Come on day 67, be good to us!

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP......Canot wait any more ....Canot work...Just keep thinking about this result ...what if I pass and what if I failed ...?? God this is so bad ......

Nope...not today...
:waitwall: :smileyballs: :deadhorse: :censored:
We still have another 1.5 hours to go. Maybe we will get lucky.

I hear the people saying that if we get a passing score then we will forget all about the long wait. B.S.! If I pass, my objective in life will become to put a end to the waiting game. They should release the scores directly from NCEES.

Nope...not today...
:waitwall: :smileyballs: :deadhorse: :censored:
We still have another 1.5 hours to go. Maybe we will get lucky.

I hear the people saying that if we get a passing score then we will forget all about the long wait. B.S.! If I pass, my objective in life will become to put a end to the waiting game. They should release the scores directly from NCEES.
Well it's not just a burden on us...employers need the info so they can market you and know what jobs to put you in...my company has to hold me back right now in the office specifically because my next assignment will depend directly on whether or not I pass the son of a b***h and they are loosing money the longer those dips***s sit around with their heads up their a** "reconciling" the results.

Well it's not just a burden on us...employers need the info so they can market you and know what jobs to put you in...my company has to hold me back right now in the office specifically because my next assignment will depend directly on whether or not I pass the son of a b***h and they are loosing money the longer those dips***s sit around with their heads up their a** "reconciling" the results.
My office is loaded with PEs.. so it's not about my company.. but I really need "PE" added next to my name to break "glass ceiling."

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I know and it doesn't look good for my field, Fire Protection (53% passing rate)...I hope that changes as more results come in... :dunno:

Yeah I know and it doesn't look good for my field, Fire Protection (53% passing rate)...I hope that changes as more results come in... :dunno:

Wow, Rob that's not what I want to hear as I wait. I did not feel very good about that test, however I didn't feel horrible walking out. However, a passing rate like that shoots any confidence I have left. Not to mention the 29% pass rate for retesters.

I'm curious why FP is so low? Perhaps because SFPE has the monopoly on test materials at a high price and yet even those were out of date and full of mistakes. <_<

SapperPE said:

Wow, Rob that's not what I want to hear as I wait. I did not feel very good about that test, however I didn't feel horrible walking out. However, a passing rate like that shoots any confidence I have left. Not to mention the 29% pass rate for retesters.

I'm curious why FP is so low? Perhaps because SFPE has the monopoly on test materials at a high price and yet even those were out of date and full of mistakes. <_<
If it is any help, I failed the PE the first time and passed the second time. I was mortified when I failed it the first time because I felt like, if I can't be on of the 7 / 10 to get a passing grade the first time I take it, how in the hell am I going to one of the 3 / 10 to get a passing grade the second time I take it. The reality is that the statistics make sense for people who don't study. So, if you failed the first time and have identified the reason for failure as being a lack of sufficient study, then statistically you won't study well the next time, which is why there are so few retesting passers. However, if you truly do change your study habits, you can beat those odds. That is what I did. Anyway, not trying to discourage anybody, just trying to alleviate any fears about the low retest pass rates, it seems daunting, but it really isn't. Also, I am not trying to insinuate that anybody who failed simply didn't study enough, there are many reasons for a failing grade.

I just spoke with PCS and they have forwarded the results to VA and are waiting DPOR's blessing to post the scores and update the DPOR Licence look up. Some time today Yeh!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back