VA Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I felt like the morning was definitely harder this time, but i felt the afternoon was easier. i took civil - transportation afternoon. how did everyone else feel?

This was my first time taking the PE. I took Civil and felt like the morning was challenging. I was having difficulty with the Transportation portion of the exam, but i took Geotech in the afternoon and thought it was pretty do-able, i wouldnt say easy, but i knew how to do alot of the problems. I think i probably got 56/80

I'm guessing Virginia will do like they always do. It'll be a minimum of 3 more weeks before we get results. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm still thinking 4th of July weekend.

I don't get it.. Why if NCEES releases results independently of the states does it take longer from VA than say VT? Press the send button and let's get it over with.

I think Virginia takes longer because it has to verify that you sent in (and passed) your ethics / board regulations test. They don't send you the results, or post online that you're licensed, until you complete that. Also, they send out the details on the exam like your score, even to people who passed (at least that's what I've heard about years past). So, until they compile all of that information, they hold on to the scores. I'm sure it's all reasonable, but very nervewracking!

I'm guessing Virginia will do like they always do. It'll be a minimum of 3 more weeks before we get results. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm still thinking 4th of July weekend.
Based on the last several exams, and the 73-75 days taken for reporting, my guess is you'll have the results on the website on/around 6/30 and mailed results on/around 7/2 depending on which part of the state you're in. I personally would not bother checking the website until 6/28 but that's easier said than done.

Good luck to all all who are waiting. I know how stressful the wait is and I feel for you.

Based on the last several exams, and the 73-75 days taken for reporting, my guess is you'll have the results on the website on/around 6/30 and mailed results on/around 7/2 depending on which part of the state you're in. I personally would not bother checking the website until 6/28 but that's easier said than done.

Good luck to all all who are waiting. I know how stressful the wait is and I feel for you.
The wait is painfull, my friends from Florida who took it on April received today an email from NCEES with links to their PASS FAIL letters. They all passed which made me happy for them but then I am here waiting and will be waiting for ever ( that's how it feels)...Why do they do that to us?

I feel for everyone here who is waiting like me. If I knew this was gonna happen I would have taken it somewhere else then transfer to VA.

Anyhow, Best luck to all of you and occupy yourselves with something else. Take a vacation and go somewhere but then your vacation will be ruined because you would constantly be thinking about the PE results. Hang in there! I wish everybody pass

Does anyone know the "last" PE registration number currently issued? I know that previous examinees were able to track when they started posting them online from checking for any number after that last one... rather obsessive I know- but after all of the studying who could blame us for being just a little bit obsessive?? My friends from other states keep asking about my results.. I think if I have to field one more call and explain VA's notification policy I'll lose it. One person actually thought I was trying to cover up for a failure...

If you want to torture yourself (and who doesn't?), I think this is the way to find out if they've put the results out there.

Go to:

www.dpor.virginia.gov/regulantlookup/

Enter "*" for Name and click the box next to "Professional Engineers" and then click "Search Licenses." It takes a bit, but then it gives you a page that says something like:

Search Criteria (in addition to board)

Name Zip Code License Number Records Found

Meaning that there are 29576 licensed engineers in Virginia. If you see that number jump by (I'm guessing) about 125-150, then they've released results. If it increases by 10-20, then they've added new PEs by comity.

I highly doubt it will be this week or next. Despite the fact that they say they release results 1 week after receiving them from NCEES, I think it will be more like 3 weeks.

:wacko:

If you want to torture yourself (and who doesn't?), I think this is the way to find out if they've put the results out there.
Go to:

www.dpor.virginia.gov/regulantlookup/

Enter "*" for Name and click the box next to "Professional Engineers" and then click "Search Licenses." It takes a bit, but then it gives you a page that says something like:

Search Criteria (in addition to board)

Name Zip Code License Number Records Found

Meaning that there are 29576 licensed engineers in Virginia. If you see that number jump by (I'm guessing) about 125-150, then they've released results. If it increases by 10-20, then they've added new PEs by comity.

I highly doubt it will be this week or next. Despite the fact that they say they release results 1 week after receiving them from NCEES, I think it will be more like 3 weeks.

:wacko:
I'm just beating myself up so I guess I am volunteering for more torture.. I took the exam in AZ last year and barely failed... I would much rather have barely passed.. so after a transfer to VA I get to play the waiting game instead of just getting my nice efficient email from NCEES.......

I've tried to completely forget that I took the test. I even stayed away from this board...but, I didn't do so hot at that effort, obviously.

It will probably be after fourth of July weekend, that's when the April test results came out last year. If you have not taken the ethics test then they will send you a letter with after all of the pass/fail letters out. That letter will state that even though you passed you will not be licensed until you turn in the take home test.

Good Luck to Everyone!

The DPOR number is now 29581..............
you are absolutely right. Only 5 of us in VA passed the PE exam and hopefuly the lucky 5 didn't end up with a Professional Barber license :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember the wait and the countless clicks of refreshing the DPOR site.....good luck everyone!

And not to discourage anyonem, but don't expect a big jump in the number of licensees......if I remember correctly, less than 200 people passed the last few times.

Good luck!

SapperPE said:
Unless it has changed, you should see your name online approximately the day before you get the letter in the mail. That's how it was back in Jan 07 when I got my pass letter.
Did you get yours around July 4th also, agonizing wait!

Back