VA Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like DPOR is not going to send result until first week of July. Will check back at the end of the month. No more DPOR search.

I wish I could understand how all the other results come out so quick and Virginia takes so long. If they have the national pass average, how can they not have out results. Just simply amazes me.

I am hoping results are out the week of the 21st based on the 2009 spring exam and results date. However I called DPOR a week after the exam results were pushed to the states and was given "The results will be provided 12 weeks after the exam and that I should expect results in July."

I am hoping results are out the week of the 21st based on the 2009 spring exam and results date. However I called DPOR a week after the exam results were pushed to the states and was given "The results will be provided 12 weeks after the exam and that I should expect results in July."

DDavis, I am guessing that the results will not be posted until after July fourth weekend. Did you take the Thermo and Fluids? If so, what did you think about the afternoon section?

DDavis, I am guessing that the results will not be posted until after July fourth weekend. Did you take the Thermo and Fluids? If so, what did you think about the afternoon section?
Well lets talk about the morning first I thought the morning was awesome. If I scored lessed then 35 in the AM, I would be disgusted. During lunch i was contemplating taking the first 20 or so problems in the Afternoon seriously and if i had them in the bag would just pick a letter for the next 20. Hand my test in and start drinking a couple of hours early. Unfortunately the Thermo and Fluids afternoon section had different plans for me, I spent four hours feeling like I was on the bad end of a whackamole game. Instead of having an extra hour to review answers like I had in the AM. I had to guess on four or five questions in the last five minutes of exam and it was a rare victory when my calculated answers resembled the options available. After the test was over i couldn't tell if i got 25 right or 10 in the afternoon. The AM was really in the same vein as the NCEES sample exam. The PM (for the majority of the questions) felt like it was on a much higher level.

What was your take on T&F PM?

I went in to the DPOR a couple days ago to turn in my Take Home Rules and Regulations and they said first week in July results should be in. They said that they haven't received them yet but I think that is BS considering every other state has received it

I heard this from another engineer and know that I completed the Rules and Regulations take home test previously but obviously did not make it all of the way into my file after submitting the application. I recommend that anyone waiting on results call them to make sure that they have that test in their file. The other engineer that didn't have it had to wait about 3 extra weeks because they don't send out the notice that you were missing documentation until after the results are all mailed...then mail your test back....then wait for them to mail your results...

I can sleep well only after receiving the "PASS" score letter. I haven't slept well since April 16, 2010

I went in to the DPOR a couple days ago to turn in my Take Home Rules and Regulations and they said first week in July results should be in. They said that they haven't received them yet but I think that is BS considering every other state has received it
I heard this from another engineer and know that I completed the Rules and Regulations take home test previously but obviously did not make it all of the way into my file after submitting the application. I recommend that anyone waiting on results call them to make sure that they have that test in their file. The other engineer that didn't have it had to wait about 3 extra weeks because they don't send out the notice that you were missing documentation until after the results are all mailed...then mail your test back....then wait for them to mail your results...
I am glad I took your advice, just talked to DPOR and they don't have this on file for me either. I know I returned it but no use arguing. I now have to wait on another copy of it in the mail.

I am glad I took your advice, just talked to DPOR and they don't have this on file for me either. I know I returned it but no use arguing. I now have to wait on another copy of it in the mail.
In my case I was required to return the form as part of my registration in order to get my admission card.

The liscence site is down again this morning..... maybe too much to hope for, but I really can't help myself!

Well lets talk about the morning first I thought the morning was awesome. If I scored lessed then 35 in the AM, I would be disgusted. During lunch i was contemplating taking the first 20 or so problems in the Afternoon seriously and if i had them in the bag would just pick a letter for the next 20. Hand my test in and start drinking a couple of hours early. Unfortunately the Thermo and Fluids afternoon section had different plans for me, I spent four hours feeling like I was on the bad end of a whackamole game. Instead of having an extra hour to review answers like I had in the AM. I had to guess on four or five questions in the last five minutes of exam and it was a rare victory when my calculated answers resembled the options available. After the test was over i couldn't tell if i got 25 right or 10 in the afternoon. The AM was really in the same vein as the NCEES sample exam. The PM (for the majority of the questions) felt like it was on a much higher level.

What was your take on T&F PM?

Thanks for the response. You know, for me the morning section I got through 25 to 28 that I felt like I had worked and felt resonable about the answer. The other 10 to 12 I just wasnt sure and actually ran out of time. When I got to the afternoon, I felt like I hadnt looked at anything I should have for the thermo and fluids section. When I had twenty minutes to go, I still had 10 to 15 left. As far as the ones I worked, I felt like I had gotten about 20 of them, mabey 25 andthe last 10-15 were just guess. So I guess I felt like I got about 25 in the morninga and 20-22 in the afternoon. I am hoping I had enough correct guesses to get me through. I have heard that you can pull out 50 correct you should pass. I really feel like it will be close. As far as the afternoon section of thermo and fluids, I really like your analogy, because I felt the same way. At least I was not the only one, I hope thsi affects the raw score to our advantage.

The liscence site is down again this morning..... maybe too much to hope for, but I really can't help myself!
The site is down every morning and they are adding 3-4 results each day. I beleive this is for reciprocity liscense. Based upon previous records and responses posted here, I don't believe they will send out results before 1st week of july....

Because I'm an engineer and I like math, I'm thinking June 28. That happens to be my birthday and also 72 days from the exam. It appears 70+ days is a good amount to wait and over 80 hasn't happened in Virginia yet. But a part of me says that maybe June 21 will be the day since other states seemed to get them quicker this year. Of course, I'll check every morning and update my tally of how many licenses are in Virginia. Yes, I'm working the numbers too much, but it would be nice to know before the long July 4th weekend. I'll be drinking either way, but I would hope it's in celebration, not misery and not to calm the anxiety of not knowing.

I was required to turn it in with the original application as well but for some reason they didn't have it on file. It is not something that you could have confused with another form because it has some completely unrelated information for an engineer (i.e. the licensing board for interior designers). Very frustrating that I had to fill it out multiple times but better to find out before they results were shipped.

In my case I was required to return the form as part of my registration in order to get my admission card.

I was required to turn it in with the original application as well but for some reason they didn't have it on file. It is not something that you could have confused with another form because it has some completely unrelated information for an engineer (i.e. the licensing board for interior designers). Very frustrating that I had to fill it out multiple times but better to find out before they results were shipped.

I was also required to turn it in with the origninal application.........but don't know if they have in file!!! Looks like it is better to find out...

I just talked to DPOR- I'm moving next week and wanted to know if I needed to update my mailing address. They verified that they have the results and are currently looking at a mail release within the next 2 weeks- towards the end of that point. He was specific about the "mail release".. so maybe we'll get the online a day or two earlier. He did ask me to verify that I has my new mail on hold in case they get things out sooner... so there is hope, but it sounds like the early estimates of before the 4th of July weekend are probably pretty accurate. I'm just grateful I will be able to check online.. nothing like the stress of not being able to access your mail to find out results!

Thanks to whoever suggested calling them about making sure that rules and regulations quiz was in. Of course they didn't have mine on file either. They faxed it to me and said I could email it it. I have had a lot of frustrations with DPOR. I got married and changed my name since I took the FE and they mailed all my stuff to my old address and never changed the name in the system. It took about 4 phone calls to get it all straight, and now this.

I never recieved the rules and regulations quiz prior to the exam. Spoke with DPOR around noon and they emailed the quiz to me and I emailed it back. Spoke with the nice lady after and she said they were expecting the results in two weeks. Also stated that they had recently switched to a new computer system to speed their processes up, however, they have been having problems with them.

Back