**** united airlines at it again!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surely you must be joking. That's one of the BEST things about Android. Apple renames files and sticks them in some strange directory structure before you can access them. And even then, the medic can only be played on stupid i-Tunes. Something must be wonky with your file structure and/or the app(s) you are using to access the data. I have full directory on all my Android devices including my GS6 curved, Nexus 7, and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. Unless you are trying to access DLNA and/or copyrighted material and there is some sort of protection instated. Then that might be a different issue entirely.

Send me the specs and what you are trying to do and perhaps we can rectify the issue. :thumbs:
This is basically what I'm dealing with:  https://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/619278-how-do-i-give-sd-card-read-access-restricted-profile.html

although I don't like the "cattle" system - we fly southwest 99% of the time, you do get essentially free tv / movies with your own device. not always exactly what you want to watch but it passes the time pretty well.
SW has been our go to for domestic lately as well.  

That could be due to any number of infinite things that aren't properly configured. Need to get the make/model and specs of the device you are trying to get this to work on.

EDIT: I also wouldn't be trying to use a restricted profile on these devices when trying to play stored content. There are other more robust parental controls that can be implemented.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love southwest. and recently earned the companion pass. now i just need a companion to fly free with me. LOL   :thumbs:  
Where are we going?

We use SW a lot.  They have some great fares and changes are easy, not to mention that you can cancel and still have the credits for future use.  We've had good experiences with them.

Yes. I love them for all of these reasons. Although, they haven't sent me any drink tickets recently...

OMG DID I FORGET TO UPDATE MY MAILING ADDRESS WITH THEM?!!! -- I checked...and my address is up to date. where my drink tickets, bro?

And, I'm not sure. Probably San diego this winter, maybe chicago or STL sometime this summer? People tend to come to me, so my travel ends up being international mostly. haha.

That could be due to any number of infinite things that aren't properly configured. Need to get the make/model and specs of the device you are trying to get this to work on.

EDIT: I also wouldn't be trying to use a restricted profile on these devices when trying to play stored content. There are other more robust parental controls that can be implemented.
It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab A:  https://www.costco.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-A-Wi-Fi-Tablet---Quad-Core---Lollipop---Smoky-Titanium---Bonus-Sleeve.product.100215599.html.

Yes. I love them for all of these reasons. Although, they haven't sent me any drink tickets recently...

OMG DID I FORGET TO UPDATE MY MAILING ADDRESS WITH THEM?!!! -- I checked...and my address is up to date. where my drink tickets, bro?

And, I'm not sure. Probably San diego this winter, maybe chicago or STL sometime this summer? People tend to come to me, so my travel ends up being international mostly. haha.
I recently found my drink tickets squirreled away in my secret Southwest drink ticket hiding place. I fly with my mother next month and it will absolutely call for a 8 am Fat Tire. 

How do you get drink tickets from SW?
typically just from flying with them. I guess it has been a while since I've flown SW. But now I have SW CCs and they should give me ALL of the drink tickets!

and yes i've heard that as well, though I usually try to give mine away. Maybe I shouldn't :)

I recently found my drink tickets squirreled away in my secret Southwest drink ticket hiding place. I fly with my mother next month and it will absolutely call for a 8 am Fat Tire. 
Maybe your mother just needs an 8 am Flat Tire, and happens to miss her flight?

although they haven't released the rates yet, southwest is supposed to start flying to Hawaii this year.

we have enough points to get there (based on our estimates) - mainly due to getting their credit card (like 70,000 pts)

For those of you with fatty money that have been there is Hawaii "worth it"?  Seen a few deals from Costco, but looks like getting a decent room and overall place is pretty costly.

Wife is wanting to go next year. But she keeps mentioning "hiking" and I'm like, I can F'n hike in Colorado.?

I'm partial to two weeks in our standard place in the Keys, no kids, dive one week, rent a boat the next.. That amount of money buys us one week on the island...

Can sit by the pool in my neighborhood!

But whenever we talk about HI (since SW is flying there) she always mentions hiking and I'm just like... ughhh not on my list of things to do there

My priorities would be:

Pool bar
Surfing lesson
Diving
Drinking
Jeep rental / drive

Maybe one half day of hiking

Wife is wanting to go next year. But she keeps mentioning "hiking" and I'm like, I can F'n hike in Colorado.?
You cannot find hikes in Colorado like the hikes I did two years ago in Kauai, to my knowledge!

Back