TV - What are you watching?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This seasons American Horror Story (5 weeks in now) is pretty good.  It's a lot like the first Poltergeist movie.

Ive actually been meaning to go back and watch those, I think I only saw the first 2 season..

I made it about half way through the first episode of Westworld before passing out, but I think I'm going to like it.
I've heard it's the first "real" sci-fi on TV in a long time...I think we're going to start it this weekend since Mr. Tex is still having GOT withdrawals.  Winter is still a long way away...

Finally gave in and started Breaking Bad.
We have tried to watch it, but haven't made it through the first season, yet...Does it get better?  I keep falling asleep...

I'm only two episodes into Season 2.  It hasn't really changed.  If you didn't like Season 1 chances are you won't like Season 2 either.

seems like its sort of slow but picks up towards the end of season 2, from what I recall... I remember thinking season 1 was intriguing but slow..

whats odd is I have seen ever episode of that show except the season finale...   I never got around to watching it.. may need to do that one day.....  I just heard all the spoilers afterwards and never went back and actually watched it..

Honestly if I hadn't finished Stranger Things I would never have moved on to Breaking Bad.  I started Breaking Bad mostly because the vast majority of folks I know rave about it.

It's like your typical cable series

Phase 1 - fresh topic, grows interest

Phase 2 - good writing, interest grows more

Phase 3- writers go off deep end

Phase 4 - they try and recover to make it more normal

Phase 5 - kill it with fire

So can I watch Westworld if I don't have HBO?  Netflix?  Amazon?

I don't think so.  They're only two episodes in to the first season.

free download?  I ain't paying for anymore TV.
Free indeed. It's fairly easy though most here aren't willing to put the effort into it and would rather waste $$.

people that steal TV probably also cheat on their taxes
LOL, dammit! :eek:ldman: It's also not stealing. It's virtually the same thing as streaming so long as there's no intent to redistribute for profit. :thumbs:  

Last edited by a moderator:
I started watching "Designated Survivor" over the weekend.  Although I think its just an attempt to resurrect 24 (but with an older Kiefer Sutherland)  Its intriguing but I don't know how they are going to get more than a season or two of material out of it...

Free indeed. It's fairly easy though most here aren't willing to put the effort into it and would rather waste $$.

LOL, dammit! :eek:ldman: It's also not stealing. It's virtually the same thing as streaming so long as there's no intent to redistribute for profit. :thumbs:  
Tell it to the judge.

Not needed. Since there's no redistribution or intent to redistribute, it's not illegal. So says the other 3 or 400 mil+ people that also DL things. :thumbs:

I found that as a teaser RCN let me watch the first Westworld On Demand.  Now I'm intrigued and might have to find a way to watch this series regularly.

I found that as a teaser RCN let me watch the first Westworld On Demand.  Now I'm intrigued and might have to find a way to watch this series regularly.
Episode 3 was Sunday night, and its really starting to get good.  They've got the background in place, and now are starting to steer the series towards what the "problem" is going to be.

Back