Token change for 'Monopoly'

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought mr snick a collectors edition risk that came in a tin box...we have played several times, but I am not a good opponent for that game he wins swiftly and unmercifully.

I loved Risk as a kid. We hardly ever played it, though. My sister didn't like it as much and always wanted to play something else. Most of the time we played Monopoly or Careers.

"In the '30s, Hitler: Czechoslovakia, Poland, France, Second World War... Russian front not a good idea... Hitler never played Risk when he was a kid. Cause, you know, playing Risk, you could never hold on to Asia. That Asian-Eastern European area, you could never hold it, could you? Seven extra men at the beginning of every go, but you couldn't fucking hold it. Australasia, that was the one. Australasia. All the purples. Get everyone on Papua New Guinea and just build up and build up..."
Gotta love Eddie Izzard

I haven't played Risk or Monopoly for that matter in a looong time... probably close to 10-12 years... my brother is the only one I around me interested in games like that, and with wives and kids, taking 2-3 hrs for a game is definitely out of the question...

There are only a couple board games we play as a family. I hate Yatzee, but the wife and kids play it all the time. I like playing Scrabble, but it only pisses my wife off because I usually double her score and I tend to take too long (in her opinion) to make a move. We used to play Risk several years ago, but the game got lost through one of our many moves from house to house.

Only game we seem to play together lately is a game called Cashflow. It's an investing game made by the Rich Dad/Poor Dad group, so it's not necessarily a "family" game, but I enjoy playing it. They even have it setup to play online through the website.

sadly our boardgame playing has been limited to cooties, ants in your pants, elefun, memory, and Uno Moo.

Battleshots > Battleship

hcd8X7.jpg
There's also Battleshits...

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a8pxPdrL50

sadly our boardgame playing has been limited to cooties, ants in your pants, elefun, memory, and Uno Moo.
We play cooties and memory too! That and Chutes and Ladders and I Spy. I downloaded Life for the Kindle and we've been playing that. I still prefer the old 1960's version of Life to the newer versions. Life tiles are crap.

My sister and I spent many a summer morning playing Life, and Monopoly. Every so often we played Mousetrap or Battleship.

We play cooties and memory too! That and Chutes and Ladders and I Spy. I downloaded Life for the Kindle and we've been playing that. I still prefer the old 1960's version of Life to the newer versions. Life tiles are crap.
Yep!! We play LIFE by the old rules using the new board etc... I can see updating the job/career types, but why F@ck with the rules. That's like saying you can't collect $200 by passing Go in Monopoly.

My sister and I spent many a summer morning playing Life, and Monopoly. Every so often we played Mousetrap or Battleship.
LOL @ Mousetrap. We never actually played the game, just liked to set up the big trap and see it work.
Pretty much what we did...
didn't everybody do that with mousetrap?
There was a game associated with it?
I played the game.

LOL @ Mousetrap. We never actually played the game, just liked to set up the big trap and see it work.
Pretty much what we did...
didn't everybody do that with mousetrap?
There was a game associated with it?
I played the game.
there's one in every crowd.

Conspiracy theory following... The iron represents the oppression of women. It had to get the boot. In turn, cats, seen for their independence and loved by women in general, is put in the game.

i don't love cats....so last night when minisnick, after seeing a picture of a cat on something, said cats need to live outside they don't belong in the house it made me smile.

Back