To those of you who passed...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How did you think your results would turn out before you received them?

• I was confident that I had passed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I was cautiously optimistic

• It could go either way (I had no f#%king clue)

• I was hopefully pessimistic

• I could have sworn that I had failed

• Total voters
S

SFME

Now that we have started to get the results in, I am curious as to how those of you that passed felt during the painful wait between taking the exam and receiving your results.

I felt like I might have gotten all the morning questions correct (36 confirmed correct walking out of the exam with 2 additional later confirmed correct). Afternoon, I was only able to confirm 25 correct with 1 additional cofirmed correct and 1 that was not cofirmed was confirmed incorrect.

I was able to remember 75 of the questions which left 5 questions in limbo, but the amount confirmed correct was enough.

'.02'

:true:

I felt like I might have gotten all the morning questions correct (36 confirmed correct walking out of the exam with 2 additional later confirmed correct).  Afternoon, I was only able to confirm 25 correct with 1 additional cofirmed correct and 1 that was not cofirmed was confirmed incorrect. 
I was able to remember 75 of the questions which left 5 questions in limbo, but the amount confirmed correct was enough.

'.02'

So you are saying that you scored 64 correct out of 80?

Wow. If that's true, that's pretty good.

Based on my impression of how I did during the AM session, I was anticipating/planning on taking the spring '07 exam.

Go figure...

True dat. I could quite possibly commit to paper today 10 of the 80 questions in their entirety. Maybe 15 if I got hypnotized. Of course, I'd then most assuredly get a visit from :"the other board" mole: :"the other board" mole: :"the other board" mole: :"the other board" mole: :"the other board" mole:

and I'd have to :dddd: :dddd: :dddd: :dddd:

Here's something completely inappropriate, warning! Warning! Warning!

I'd love to see my test again with all the correct and incorrect answers. I know it doesn't matter a lick since I passed but I'm curious. I'm also aware that it'll never happen. I'm sure this statement will infuriate most folks, I don't mean any harm. You'll see, as soon as you pass you'll feel the same way I bet. I'm just as happy as I can be with my letter from ELSES, but there's this nagging thought, "I wonder if I got that one right?" :dunno:

On the first attempt in April, I told everyone, "Well, if I didn't pass, it'll only take twice." Luckily, I won't be eating those words.

I felt pretty good after the test, but as someone else said previously, you get to second guessing yourself.

It's pretty good if he remembered all that.
I barely knew my name afterwards.
I hear you. Occasionally in a dream (or nightmare) a question comes back to me but.....

Then again, I think I might have mentioned in a previous post that I have a brain the size of a walnut B)

It's amazing what the brain is capable of when you are fixated on that subject. Given a night's rest, I was able to remember nearly all of the questions and determine whether I had answered correctly.

To God be the Glory. I would not have any ability except that which is given me.

We all need to acknowledge that none of our accomplishments are done withouth the skills and knowledge that is given to us (not our own, no bragging rights).

I am glad that I have passed this exam. I am sorrowful for guys like DVINNY that I had sooo hoped had made it too.

I tell you now that the board response to DVINNY has touched me deeply.

Let us all try to work together well and get good engineers up and running.

Seems like the number that was confident was higher earlier.

Someone messing with the results (eh, moderators?).

It seems that a high majority of testers were "Cautiously Optimistic". Given that the NCEES pass rate was 70%, this is what I would expect.

Also, I would not expect many people to be "Sure" that they passed given the difficulty of the exam.

Moderators have messed with my stuff before. That is why I posted. This is not about how the results have come out.

i felt pretty good about it. "the other board" really prepared me for the morning session (mechanical) and work experience prepared me really well for the afternoon (HVAC)

tmckeon,

nobody is changing anything, if you're talking of the pass rate on our "poll" its because of the new members. There are many here that read as 'guests' and when they got the letter, they signed up and said they passed, then voted on the poll. I have a feeling that when someone doesn't pass, they don't feel as motivated to sign up and let everyone know. That is why the poll will not reflect the true pass rates.

My two cents.

tmckeon,
nobody is changing anything, if you're talking of the pass rate on our "poll" its because of the new members. There are many here that read as 'guests' and when they got the letter, they signed up and said they passed, then voted on the poll. I have a feeling that when someone doesn't pass, they don't feel as motivated to sign up and let everyone know. That is why the poll will not reflect the true pass rates.

My two cents.
I think you're correct! Not many will say they've failed.....although it's starting to become part of my identity, so I have to embrace it. I sure hope I don't turn out to be one of those 10 or 15 times guys?????? I don't think I would physically survive that!

Moderators have messed with my stuff before. That is why I posted. This is not about how the results have come out.
I think your new Delta name should be Les Nessman. You see conspiracy behind every closed door..... <_<

MIG, I loved WKRP, Les Nessman was the MAN!!! LOL.
Speaking of WKRP....was I the only one that thought Bailey Quarters (Jan Smithers) was hotter than Jennifer Marlowe (Loni Anderson) on the show? :jacked:

Back