time change

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is anyone else tired as hell? Why do they insist on rearranging my schedule twice a year? I haven't hit the caffeine like this since... last week. But that's not the point.

Plus I just lost an hour of study time!!!

Is anyone else tired as hell? Why do they insist on rearranging my schedule twice a year? I haven't hit the caffeine like this since... last week. But that's not the point.
Plus I just lost an hour of study time!!!
I am extremely tired, but it has very little to do with DST.

I'm kind of surprised, the time change hasn't phased me at all. I didn't even have much trouble getting out of bed the 'hour early' this morning. I've actually had less coffee today then I do normally too. I must be coming down with something.

here's my strategy: better living thru chemistry.

I'm going for a Monster at 3:00, it will have me jacked up till 8:30 or so and then I will crash like a load of bricks.

9 hours of sleep and I am back baby! :party-smiley-048:

monster.jpg

That stuff is crazy- it says on the bottle you can only drink 2 a day!

In other caffeinated news, On The Run has caffeine shots you can add to your coffee (they come in the little creamer containers) for free! That one has a limit of 2 per day also. Guess they want to minimize the heart attacks...

That stuff is crazy- it says on the bottle you can only drink 2 a day!
In other caffeinated news, On The Run has caffeine shots you can add to your coffee (they come in the little creamer containers) for free! That one has a limit of 2 per day also. Guess they want to minimize the heart attacks...
Heart attacks or even just heart palpitations. The Hubby tried caffine pills during college for pulling an all nighter and he said his heart felt like it was going to pop out of his chest it was beating so crazy.

Heart attacks or even just heart palpitations. The Hubby tried caffine pills during college for pulling an all nighter and he said his heart felt like it was going to pop out of his chest it was beating so crazy.
I took 3 at once one time. I threw them all back up within 10 minutes. Don't do that.

I was tired as hell all day long - I don't think it was DST though. Rough weekend at the family-cookout. Story to proceed when I have time to post. I ended up calling in sick to work when I realized it was 1 PM and I STILL couldn't drag my a$$ out of bed.

I took 3 at once one time. I threw them all back up within 10 minutes. Don't do that.
That must have been interesting. Did you do it Linda Blair style?

JR

the first time I chugged a red bull I was stuck to the wall like a gecko all afternoon. I can manage them better now. :beerchug:

Sleep, who needs sleep??? Even though the twins sleep through the night now, you find yourself waking up every so often to make sure they are okay since you are so used to them waking up at some point!

Red Bull never did anything for me. When I was in college, we useed to pound Mountain Dew and Excedrine like crazy. Friend of mine just about burned a hole in her stomach doing that, so I quit.

I left work yesterday exhausted. I got home and went to bed. I was asleep by 6, got up at 8, went back to bed at 10. I feel good today. :)

It's making me crazy. I was used to getting up as the sun was rising, now I'm getting up when it's dark and I find it depressing. On a plus side, I get home by 5 and have at least an hour and a half of good light for painting (we're currently painting the wood trim in a spare bedroom).

I get like this every year when we change over. In a few weeks I'll be adjusted, but it's not so much fun to get used to it again...

Hey, at least the daylight hours are getting longer! I hate the long nights of winter.

I found out today my problem was MORE than DST ... apparently I have caught my little nephew's bug. I guess it makes sense since I ended up taking care of him because everyone else was too @#$%^&* drunk to give a rats ass about him !!!! :eek:ldman: :brickwall:

A few memorable movie lines come to me in my morning of delirium ..

"I picked a bad weekend to stop drinking."

"I love the smell of regurgitated steak and potatoes in the morning."

:Locolaugh: :Locolaugh:

JR

I was tired as hell all day long - I don't think it was DST though. Rough weekend at the family-cookout. Story to proceed when I have time to post. I ended up calling in sick to work when I realized it was 1 PM and I STILL couldn't drag my a$$ out of bed.

That must have been interesting. Did you do it Linda Blair style?

JR
Who is that?

Back