tick tock

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Jmcc06 That is impressive! If I don't have coffee I cant even keep my eyes open. I typically study from about 8-11:30 every night and then from 4:30-6:30 each morning, so I am lucky if I get 5 hours of sleep. But I agree completely about maybe not having coffee the day of the exam, but I am sure I will need at least a cup just to get in the rhythm. Consistency is key with things like this so slugging down a cup of coffee before will get me in the mode I am in when I study.
That seems crazy excessive to me.  While I agree its better to be overprepared than underprepared... it's also good to get some rest.  Study when you can, go in confident, and do you best.  Don't kill yourself!

That seems crazy excessive to me.  While I agree its better to be overprepared than underprepared... it's also good to get some rest.  Study when you can, go in confident, and do you best.  Don't kill yourself!
From what I have been reading, others have found success in getting in about 350-400 hours of good studying and if I continue with my study routine it'll put me at about that time from so I must not be the only one doing it! I am starting to wind down a little bit now so I can catch back up on sleep and keep my brain fresh. 3 more weeks!!!! :blink:

I have been studying almost every second I have a chance, I would say I have about 320 hours put into studying, probably more actually, up until now and by the time the exam rolls around it will probably be close to 420 hours. I find myself going through a rollercoaster of confidence and anxiety that I am not prepared enough. I am taking the EET review course (breadth and depth) and have run through all of the practice problems and quizzes given through the course, and I have gone through god knows how many practice exam problems (NCEES, Goswami(2), and a few others). I am using all of my references when I come across an example problem that requires them for more practice using them, I am constantly going through the boards to find some practice problems subscribers have posted. I just do not want to get to the exam and come across a problem that I SHOULD have known. I am not a very good test taker (anxiety gets to me) so I need to start focusing on keeping calm and thinking clear! 23 more days... I think I can, I think I can! 
420 hours....niiiiice.

Back