Those who failed Power, April 2019

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if someone from Texas would post their scaled score 68-69% (xx/80) that would be one way to determine the likely cut score. However, I can understand those that choose to not post their scores.

Last edited by a moderator:
48/80....I made a 68 and failed.
I would have rathered not known that.  But I kinda already knew I was close.  Samething as last October. I think someone posted they got one point lower than me in Texas and they got a 68%.  I honestly think if I was a Texas exam taker I would have gotten a 69% two exams in a row.  I’m so disgusted.

It took me 4 times to pass the test.  I always felt good after taking the test (EXCEPT the 1st time) but could never figure out why I was failing.  Test 1 (31/80) I took an online Testmasters course, Test 2 (42/80) I added complex imaginary and Power PE Technical Study Guide, Test 3 (47/80) I added Graffeo... I finally realized I must be missing something fundamentally.  I caught my self working out problems because "this is how I've seen it done" versus "this is why it is done."  For me that was a big difference because we all know how they like to change up wording in the test and get us out of our comfort zone.  Zach Stone's Electrical PE Review was the difference maker for my 4 time.  His prerecorded and live classes helped me develop a better understanding and build a better foundation.  If any of you felt like me on the other tests I highly recommend Zach's class to help you prepare for the next time.  I took it for two months... I recommend doing all the free classes before signing up.  I also never participated in the live classes just because they run late... I actually preferred this because I could print out the completed notes then watch the class and add to the notes (time saver for me).  Hope this helps!
Thanks for the mention @pgf001

I'm glad our online program helped you pass the pe exam. 

Back