~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy moly, that fog sure tricked me on my bike ride to work today. Out the window, I can see it's very foggy. I saw, hm, weird, because it was rainy yesterday (normally, the fog comes after a warm, sunny day). Oh well, I'm riding to work this morning!

I get outside and notice that the ground is wet, and that it is misting. I figure, well, this probably won't be like this my whole ride (usually the weather is significantly different from where I live about 3 miles into my 7 mile ride).

Well, suffice to say, the weather was different by my office... Different meaning it was actually raining here! Oh man, I have a change of socks, but boy, I wish I had a different pair of pants to wear. Oh well.

Hope everyone's a little drier than I am! :p

How many power engineers does it take at an IEEE convention to restore power to the Hilton in Charlotte with all the bad storms???

Dammit @Supe!

Last edited by a moderator:
How many power engineers does it take at an IEEE convention to restore power to the Hilton in Charlotte with all the bad storms???

Dammit @Supe!
It's probably not restored, since they're all dicking around at an IEEE convention!

Seriously though, this is the most rain we've had here since I can remember in a very long time, so you guys really picked a winner!

It's probably not restored, since they're all dicking around at an IEEE convention!

Seriously though, this is the most rain we've had here since I can remember in a very long time, so you guys really picked a winner!
But does NC employ any skilled storm water engineers??? :dunno:

quick, does someone have design plans for an ark?!   We are forecasted to get almost 7 inches of rain sat/sun.
There is a full-scale model of the Biblical Ark in Kentucky (halfway between Lexington and Cincinnati).  I've been there.  It's a hell of a thing.

100% historically accurate in every way. 
Awwww...you ruined the surprise!

The boat really is a thing to behold.  It's enormous.  But, outside of physical dimensions and construction, it is about as scientifically and factually incorrect as it possibly could be.

Damn, didn't mean to ruin it. My bad.  :(

Some day I'll go see it, just to say I did, but I have no intention of ever willingly giving money to Ken Hamm or any of his ridiculous ventures.

Edit: revised post accordingly.

Awwww...you ruined the surprise!

The boat really is a thing to behold.  It's enormous.  But, outside of physical dimensions and construction, it is about as scientifically and factually incorrect as it possibly could be.
Two of each animal, and bilge pumps?

high 20's and snow Saturday, Sunny and 60 yesterday, sunny and 70 today - but just to be safe going to delay turning on the sprinklers until after mothers day

you would think that would be a good thing? You guys have plenty of months to sweat it out! 

Back